Reds Decline To Renew Jim Kelch's Contract

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True words. This town and its fans deserve what they get. They idolize the worst guys ever in their franchise, put them on pedestals, heck make statues of them and put outside. It doesn't make sense.

Pete Rose was idolized because he was the hometown hero, fans loved the way he played the game, and he was baseball's Hit King. I'm sure most people, including myself, knew nothing of his alleged encounters with under aged girls. The statue became way before all that news broke. What part didn't make sense before that?

Pete Rose was idolized because he was the hometown hero, fans loved the way he played the game, and he was baseball's Hit King. I'm sure most people, including myself, knew nothing of his alleged encounters with under aged girls. The statue became way before all that news broke. What part didn't make sense before that?

Committed the cardinal sin of baseball

Convicted of fraud and tax evasion

Convicted Felon.

All of the above was decades before the statue.

I love the cowboy's broadcasts. He really knows what he is talking about...esp. pitching (surprised he isn't a pitching coach for the team). I think his Texas drawl also makes him easier to listen to. I hope he replaces Marty (btw...time to retire fella even though it will sound strange not hearing that voice anymore). My guess is Marty jr. Will be offered the position.