Mayfield 21 Christian Academy-Louisville 14

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in from the game. Hats off to both teams for bringing it for all 4 quarters. Neither team dominated the other, but, Mayfield's D came up big numerous times. The Cardinals running game really surprised me tonight against a very, very formidable front 7 of CAL.. The Cards had 35 carries for 236 rushing yards on the night and only 95 thru the air. CAL rushed for 122 yards on 38 carries and passed for 108. Mayfield's safety Conner Guthrie shadowed CALs all state WR Milton Wright all night long and really took him out of the game except for a few decent KO and punt returns.. I thought I was going to have a heart attack every time that kid touched the bal on special teams, but, the Cards did a great job stopping him most of the night. Mayfield RB Kentrae Matthews had a huge game with 157 yards rushing. Special Team play was big in this one.. l

Just in from the game. Hats off to both teams for bringing it for all 4 quarters. Neither team dominated the other, but, Mayfield's D came up big numerous times. The Cardinals running game really surprised me tonight against a very, very formidable front 7 of CAL.. The Cards had 35 carries for 236 rushing yards on the night and only 95 thru the air. CAL rushed for 122 yards on 38 carries and passed for 108. Mayfield's safety Conner Guthrie shadowed CALs all state WR Milton Wright all night long and really took him out of the game except for a few decent KO and punt returns.. I thought I was going to have a heart attack every time that kid touched the bal on special teams, but, the Cards did a great job stopping him most of the night. Mayfield RB Kentrae Matthews had a huge game with 157 yards rushing. Special Team play was big in this one.. l

What you said! Everyone Wright grab on kick off return I bad had a stroke! That kid is just quick and talented! Congrats Cards!