CFP Rankings 11/14

GrantNKY

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you Clemson would be #2 and you said no way. I agree they shouldn't be, but the committee really likes Clemson for some reason don't why but they do.

You definitely did. The committee must be in love with Clemson, because based on the past two weeks, Miami should be there clearly. Maybe Oklahoma has somewhat of an argument for that spot too after beating Oklahoma State and TCU. It will all play itself out.

As much as I hate it. With how the committee has set this up. Osu imo may control their destiny again. If OSU wins out they may make it now. The sec will have a team in, Oklahoma imo is going to be in, and the acc will have one. That leaves one spot which at this time I think will be the big 10 champ. Even though my Notre Dame Irish are above osu. Notre Dame doesn't have a conference championship. So osu would jump them if they won the big 10.

The question would be would the committee do opposite of what they did last year. Last year they put a 1 loss osu in over a 2 loss big 10 champ in Penn State who beat osu. If Wisconsin were to lose a close game to osu. Would they put a 2 loss osu who won the big 10 over a 1 loss Wisconsin? Last year the committee put the 1 loss team in even though they lost to the big 10 champ.

It will be interesting.

They don't control their own destiny, but the only upset that would have to take place for them to make it would be Miami over Clemson which is likely. OSU doesn't need chaos, they need the status quo at this point. If Alabama wins out it knocks Auburn and Georgia out. If Ohio State wins out obviously Wisconsin loses. So that takes them to 6. If Miami beats Clemson that takes OSU to at least 5. I would assume a Big 10 2 loss champ OSU would get in over ND. Correct? So they don't control their own destiny but they need Bama to roll and they need Miami to beat Clemson.

You definitely did. The committee must be in love with Clemson, because based on the past two weeks, Miami should be there clearly. Maybe Oklahoma has somewhat of an argument for that spot too after beating Oklahoma State and TCU. It will all play itself out.

I agree with you Clemson should be 4th and you could make an argument either on 2 or three for Miami or Oklahoma.

But their loss to MSU looks worse.

Then makes even less sense that osu moved up. Since their blow out lost to a now 4 loss Iowa looks even worst now.

It's crazy osu not only has 2 losses bit 2 losses that they were flat out dominated in. Yet they may control their destiny. I don't want to hear osu fans ever complain about people being out against them. Any other team that has that happen to them wouldn't be in the top 10. Shoot USC has a similar resume as osu, but they only have one blowout lost instead of 2. Same with Penn State who barely lost both of their games.

Then makes even less sense that osu moved up. Since their blow out lost to a now 4 loss Iowa looks even worst now.

It's crazy osu not only has 2 losses bit 2 losses that they were flat out dominated in. Yet they may control their destiny. I don't want to hear osu fans ever complain about people being out against them. Any other team that has that happen to them wouldn't be in the top 10. Shoot USC has a similar resume as osu, but they only have one blowout lost instead of 2. Same with Penn State who barely lost both of their games.

They don't control their own destiny. But I've never once complained about people being out to get OSU.

They don't control their own destiny, but the only upset that would have to take place for them to make it would be Miami over Clemson which is likely. OSU doesn't need chaos, they need the status quo at this point. If Alabama wins out it knocks Auburn and Georgia out. If Ohio State wins out obviously Wisconsin loses. So that takes them to 6. If Miami beats Clemson that takes OSU to at least 5. I would assume a Big 10 2 loss champ OSU would get in over ND. Correct? So they don't control their own destiny but they need Bama to roll and they need Miami to beat Clemson.

My question is why should a 2 lost big 10 champ in osu be in over a 1 lost Wisconsin as long as it's a close game in the big 10 championship? The committee set a precedent last year putting a 1 lost team in over the big 10 champ even though that big 10 champ in psu had beat osu. Which osu only had 2 good wins last year yet they still put them in over a 2 lost big 10 champ. So very close to same scenario. So if they go by what they did last year, then osu shouldn't make it even if they win the big 10.

Yes a 2 lost osu would jump Notre Dame.

If Bama, Clemson or Miami (either one), Oklahoma win out and OSU wins out...OSU WILL get in. Only way they don't is if Clemson and Miami play an epic game and they both were to get in.

538 projections show virtually no difference between Clemson and Miami winning impacting OSU.

If Bama, Clemson or Miami (either one), Oklahoma win out and OSU wins out...OSU WILL get in. Only way they don't is if Clemson and Miami play an epic game and they both were to get in.

538 projections show virtually no difference between Clemson and Miami winning impacting OSU.

1 loss Miami gets in over OSU unless both games are blow outs.