CFP Rankings 11/14

GrantNKY

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they shouldn't. For some unknown reason, they've been on my TV almost weekly. They appear to be your typical run of the mill decent top 25 team. Nothing more.

I am convinced Wisconsin is shown more nationally than every other team each season. Seems like they are always playing Ball State or Miami (OH) at noon EST.

Dude, they're going to lose by 30+ against Ohio State....They're going to free-fall.

ND lost by 30+ to a top 10 team and only fell 5 spots. Georgia lost to a top 10 team and fell 6. With Wisconsin you won't have anyone to fall behind. They are losing to OSU by 30 either.

Here's something to ponder....Would Michigan beating Wisconsin this weekend have an impact on Ohio State's chances?

I'm not sure. If Michigan wins they will sky rocket up near the top 10. It depends how the committee would view 2 wins over top 15 teams or 1 win over a top 10 team. I don't think it really hurts OSU either way.

I said at the beginning of the year that the BIG 10 gets the old SEC treatment now. Any loss to each other is gonna be considered a good loss because the conf is considered to be good overall. This week they have a 6 teams in the top 25.....preparing everyone for the strengthening of Wisky's and tOSU's resume. The fact of the matter is that Wisky is an above average team that basically has to win one game this year. And the Bucks have severely underachieved and gotten blown out in two games this year. The fact that the committee is even considering Ohio State for the playoffs is crazy.

The more I see these rankings the more frustrated I am that Clemson is 2. Before everyone tells me that it will play out on the field, that's not the point. The point is they are in a spot where they shouldn't be. They are at 2 because of a home win against Auburn. Miami just steamrolled the committees #3 team last week and have a big fat 0 in the loss column. It's a strange world we are living in where I'm rooting for Alabama and Miami. But the Clemson love from the committee is ridiculous. Deshaun Watson isn't there anymore time to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It's always funny hearing an osu fan complaining about the committee love for Clemson. When osu has benefited the most from any team in the country since the playoffs has started, with the committee's love for osu. Osu has already received the benefit of doubt in both years they made it, when their was decent arguments for other teams. Now the committee has given osu a clear path to make it again even though they have two blow out losses. One of which came to an average Iowa team that has 4 losses. Osu has no business having a chance but the committee has made a pretty clear path for them.

It's always funny hearing an osu fan complaining about the committee love for Clemson. When osu has benefited the most from any team in the country since the playoffs has started, with the committee's love for osu. Osu has already received the benefit of doubt in both years they made it, when their was decent arguments for other teams. Now the committee has given osu a clear path to make it again even though they have two blow out losses. One of which came to an average Iowa team that has 4 losses. Osu has no business having a chance but the committee has made a pretty clear path for them.
You couldn't be more wrong. If OSU makes it, it will be because of the incompetence of the teams ahead of them and OSU taking care of their business. OSU would not deserve a playoff spot, but they will get a playoff spot because they don't deserve it a little bit less than the other teams around them. Don't play the, "committee is clearing a path Card" if they were clearing a path they would have ND ahead of them. The committee isn't clearing a path, this season of no great teams is doing it for them. Now back to Clemson, they are getting a huge benefit of the doubt.

I said at the beginning of the year that the BIG 10 gets the old SEC treatment now. Any loss to each other is gonna be considered a good loss because the conf is considered to be good overall. This week they have a 6 teams in the top 25.....preparing everyone for the strengthening of Wisky's and tOSU's resume. The fact of the matter is that Wisky is an above average team that basically has to win one game this year. And the Bucks have severely underachieved and gotten blown out in two games this year. The fact that the committee is even considering Ohio State for the playoffs is crazy.

OSU getting consideration has way more to do with the rest of the country than it does OSU. The only Big 10 team in the top 25 that doesn't make sense is Northwestern.

You couldn't be more wrong. If OSU makes it, it will be because of the incompetence of the teams ahead of them and OSU taking care of their business. OSU would not deserve a playoff spot, but they will get a playoff spot because they don't deserve it a little bit less than the other teams around them. Don't play the, "committee is clearing a path Card" if they were clearing a path they would have ND ahead of them. The committee isn't clearing a path, this season of no great teams is doing it for them. Now back to Clemson, they are getting a huge benefit of the doubt.

Nope my man...he is correct with that statement that the committee has made a clear path for OSU. Do you mean incompetence from the other teams meaning that they may lose a game before the end of the season? The talk is if a 2 loss Auburn can make it; why can't a 2 loss OSU? This is the slippery back door that the committee makes for themselves. Your boys Kirk and Joey are already planting seeds, and yes media does have an impact on the committee. I don't think 2 losses are such a bad thing; but OSU has a blow out loss at home, and then a blow out loss on the road to a 4 loss team.

Nope my man...he is correct with that statement that the committee has made a clear path for OSU. Do you mean incompetence from the other teams meaning that they may lose a game before the end of the season? The talk is if a 2 loss Auburn can make it; why can't a 2 loss OSU? This is the slippery back door that the committee makes for themselves. Your boys Kirk and Joey are already planting seeds, and yes media does have an impact on the committee. I don't think 2 losses are such a bad thing; but OSU has a blow out loss at home, and then a blow out loss on the road to a 4 loss team.

Georgia, ND, and Washington screwed themselves. OSU is in the discussion because these teams lost. Plain and simple. The committee didn't lose those games, the teams did.

Then you want to talk and Kirk and Joey like they are huge OSU homers when Joey said Penn State should've been in the playoffs last year...