CFP Rankings 11/14

GrantNKY

Play along with me here: tOSU wins out. USC wins out. Bama, Miami and OU win out.

Who gets the 4th playoff spot between tOSU and USC? (If it matters, assume Wisky loses to MI this week and is not undefeated when tOSU beats them in the B1G Champ.)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing the "harder side" of the Conference also matters (in SOS). Wisky controls its OOC schedule, so shame on them if they are on the outside looking in with 1 loss. UGa would've been in the same situation if they had beaten Auburn and then lost to Bama in the SEC Champ. UGa would have at least had @ND on their OOC schedule to make the argument.

Yep. 1 loss non conference champs Miami and Georgia would both get in over a 2 loss champ this year because they beat Notre Dame OOC. 1 loss Wisconsin would not get in because their best OOC game was BYU who is dreadful. It's not Wisconsins fault that the Big 10 west sucks, but win the games in front of you and win the 1-2 big games on your schedule and you have nothing to worry about. Your margin for error is just a lot smaller.

Play along with me here: tOSU wins out. USC wins out. Bama, Miami and OU win out.

Who gets the 4th playoff spot between tOSU and USC? (If it matters, assume Wisky loses to MI this week and is not undefeated when tOSU beats them in the B1G Champ.)

OSU is in better position right now, but I certainly think there is a debate. Both got blown out by another top 10 team, and both lost to bad teams on the road. OSU would finish with at least 1 top 10 win over Penn State which is more than USC and would also finish the season with back to back top 15 wins.

OSU is in better position right now, but I certainly think there is a debate. Both got blown out by another top 10 team, and both lost to bad teams on the road. OSU would finish with at least 1 top 10 win over Penn State which is more than USC and would also finish the season with back to back top 15 wins.

Your OOC schedule matters. It's in their rubric. Conference championships matter. It's in their rubric. Top 25 wins matter. It's in their rubric. If Ohio State had played Toledo instead of going to Oklahoma last year they don't get in. It's that simple. We've already had this conversation.

The committee loves osu. Just like as you say they love Clemson. #theohiostatecommitee

Lol....they have you tap dancing my friend. USC should be ranked ahead of OSU. They loss to #14 Washington State by one point on the road and to #8 ND. No special wins but again here goes the Big 10 slant (why is Penn State considered to be a good team), which would be OSU's best win. Look I give you a hard time about your Bucks but this year the OSU bias is obvious.

Ridiculous.

:lol2: How can you deny their love for Ohio State? In three years, they're the only team that hasn't won their conference title that has gotten a playoff spot. They've been embarrassed twice this season. For 99% of teams in the country, that would be the death blow to their chances, but not Ohio State. They're still in the top 10.

:lol2: How can you deny their love for Ohio State? In three years, they're the only team that hasn't won their conference title that has gotten a playoff spot. They've been embarrassed twice this season. For 99% of teams in the country, that would be the death blow to their chances, but not Ohio State. They're still in the top 10.

Just imagine if that was Bama or Clemson who got blown out twice but looked like they still may control their fate by winning out. I doubt he would be talking about the rubric anymore lol #theohiostatecommitee

Very easily actually.

Lol....they have you tap dancing my friend. USC should be ranked ahead of OSU. They loss to #14 Washington State by one point on the road and to #8 ND. No special wins but again here goes the Big 10 slant (why is Penn State considered to be a good team), which would be OSU's best win. Look I give you a hard time about your Bucks but this year the OSU bias is obvious.

Who has USC beat?

The rubric would still apply.

Haha I seriously doubt you would be saying well it sucks but it makes sense because of the rubric. It probably would be more like how is Bama still have a shot after getting blown out twice and one of those being to a 4 loss team. It's obviously favoritism and committee just loves Bama and Saban. I feel like that would be more of the response we would get.

Hence why I say it's funny when an osu fan complains about the committee loving a team.