#2 Boyle County vs. #7 Lexington Catholic (3A Quarterfinals)

charlesw88

Who wins?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Lexington Catholic

I just think this game is going to be closer than most people think. Lex Cath has a good offense and can put some points up in bunches. I do think Boyle will score more than their defense will give up but hey it's Catholic nothing ever comes easy with them. I don't care how down they are, they will come out slinging Friday night.

I'll take a 1 point win right now. Just get the W and advance!

Agree completely. Lex Cath will open up the playbook next Friday.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said a while back on a post even when I Coached, people forget when you go to a 3-5 basically the d lineman are to establish themselves 2 yards up field and hold position for the delayed draw and qb contain not to over pursue. The goal is not pressure the qb just contain, you rely on numbers (8)in your zone to cover. Pressure is from sending backers,not the front. Allen will have all day if Boyle doesn’t blitz. Boyle has a weakness on defense it’s underneath in the zone but I have only seen Boyle 4 times but watched some tape on them. I always hated the 3 front it’s like playing prevent, a lot of holes underneath. This is a dangerous game for Boyle, but I’m picking Boyle 42-28

I'm sorry but I just don't see Lexington Catholic being able to stop Boyle County's ground game. Boyle County will run left, right, middle, wherever they want and there is nothing Lexington Catholic can do about it. I truly wish both teams luck but I just don't see it being close.

I'm sorry but I just don't see Lexington Catholic being able to stop Boyle County's ground game. Boyle County will run left, right, middle, wherever they want and there is nothing Lexington Catholic can do about it. I truly wish both teams luck but I just don't see it being close.

I don't either, if Boyle has problems with Lexington Catholic Friday night then I don't see them getting past the semi finals no disrespect to Catholic but this game shouldn't be close. Just my opinion...

Lex Cath will get there points and make it a closer game than the first one. However to much Boyle in my opinion. Boyle will gladly set back and let Lex Cath throw underneath and bet they will make a few mistakes that Boyle can capitalize on. Ill take Boyle by 21

Rooting to have a true "Title Town" again as well. I'm hopeful you can travel over to see your Rebels.

I'm just calling it like I see it, Hatz. It's not Boyle's fault their opponents are just not good. It just is what it is, sir. Hell, take advantage of it and get to Lexington.

LCA will give Danville all they want. Feel terrible for their starting QB. Seems like a great kid with a bright future.

Agree the Danville/LCA winner should have a relatively easy semifinal game. No argument there. VERY surprised both NewCath and Lloyd Memorial lost.

Just out of curiosity what are you using as you measurement of Boyle Schedule being weak? I am not arguing that it has been hard I am just trying to see the numbers are you comparing it to Danvilles? The numbers that I figurered up and they could be wrong as I did it in my head. In the round 8 there are a total of 48 teams left in the state playing football of those 48 boyle played 5 and danville played 3. The opponents records for boyle are 77 wins to 52 loses and danville is 76 wins to 52 loses. If you are baseing it on the numbers than I would say that our schedules are pretty even as far as the stats go. I am not saying you are wrong just saying it pretty even the both teams.

Boyle outgained Lex Cath 2 to 1 in the first meeting, racking up over 600 yards offense. Not sure Boyle can repeat that this Friday, but Lex Cath's run defense is really bad, giving up over 4,000 yards on the ground this year....THAT IS A CRAZY STAT!:isurrender:

I believe the result of this often twice a season meeting rivalry has never flipped. So history favors the Rebels.

Boyle County did beat the Knights in 2013 but lost to Mercer County the second week of the playoffs. So no rematch.

Was talking with a current LexCath parent Friday about this (likely) game and he expressed a lot of respect for the Rebel offense this season. He acknowledged the strong passing this season, along with the typically strong Rebel run game.

The Knight defense with have to find a way Friday. Forcing turnovers or lack of may be the difference to keeping this one close for the Knights.

For a pick - you have to go with history on this one. Rebels likely move on.

Just out of curiosity what are you using as you measurement of Boyle Schedule being weak? I am not arguing that it has been hard I am just trying to see the numbers are you comparing it to Danvilles? The numbers that I figurered up and they could be wrong as I did it in my head. In the round 8 there are a total of 48 teams left in the state playing football of those 48 boyle played 5 and danville played 3. The opponents records for boyle are 77 wins to 52 loses and danville is 76 wins to 52 loses. If you are baseing it on the numbers than I would say that our schedules are pretty even as far as the stats go. I am not saying you are wrong just saying it pretty even the both teams.

I was more referring to Boyle's non-conference schedule, LexCath being down and, above all, your path to Lexington.

Not trying to be argumentative, but what is Boyle's signature win or biggest wins? Wayne Co.? Collins? LexCath?

Boyle is a great team that has grown significantly every week. You are likely the favorite to win it all. However, Danville did play two good 6A schools, Somerset and a very good LCA team. I just don't see those type of opponents on Boyle's schedule.

First, I think we can both agree Boyle and Danville would win 4A going away. It's the state's weakest class. Wayne Co., Collins would not be competitive against us and they were clearly not in your case. Again, that's not an indictment of Boyle, it just is a fact this particular season.

Western Hills is just not good and Lex Cath is down, especially on defense. Both of us can sit here and mine down on statistics, but we both know Etown ain't beating you. It's one game left for the Rebels and I hope you finish.

Danville will have all they can handle this week. It will be a war.

Let's agree that we both want to put the "Title" back in Titletown.

I believe the result of this often twice a season meeting rivalry has never flipped. So history favors the Rebels.

Boyle County did beat the Knights in 2013 but lost to Mercer County the second week of the playoffs. So no rematch.

Was talking with a current LexCath parent Friday about this (likely) game and he expressed a lot of respect for the Rebel offense this season. He acknowledged the strong passing this season, along with the typically strong Rebel run game.

The Knight defense with have to find a way Friday. Forcing turnovers or lack of may be the difference to keeping this one close for the Knights.

For a pick - you have to go with history on this one. Rebels likely move on.

There is no likely. Rebels win comfortably.

I was more referring to Boyle's non-conference schedule, LexCath being down and, above all, your path to Lexington.

Not trying to be argumentative, but what is Boyle's signature win or biggest wins? Wayne Co.? Collins? LexCath?

Boyle is a great team that has grown significantly every week. You are likely the favorite to win it all. However, Danville did play two good 6A schools, Somerset and a very good LCA team. I just don't see those type of opponents on Boyle's schedule.

First, I think we can both agree Boyle and Danville would win 4A going away. It's the state's weakest class. Wayne Co., Collins would not be competitive against us and they were clearly not in your case. Again, that's not an indictment of Boyle, it just is a fact this particular season.

Western Hills is just not good and Lex Cath is down, especially on defense. Both of us can sit here and mine down on statistics, but we both know Etown ain't beating you. It's one game left for the Rebels and I hope you finish.

Danville will have all they can handle this week. It will be a war.

Let's agree that we both want to put the "Title" back in Titletown.

Not being argument either but the two 6a teams have to be Fredrick Douglas and Tate’s creek who both played and beat Lafayette. One 29-14 and the other 21-7 the same Lafayette team that that catholic beat 25-0. I am a literal person so I base everything off stats I can’t help it so based off that those three teams are all about even.

I again don’t think Boyle schedule has been hard but I also don’t think Danville’s has been either other than lca some rest got beat by bourbon county one of those terrible 4a schools that has already turned in there equipment. I just don’t think you are comparing apples to apples based on the stats Danville schedule and Boyle schedule are very even period.

With that said I think there is chance for Boyle struggle Friday but they eventually roll before the end of the 4th .

Again, I'm asking for a signature win for Boyle? Respectfully, I'm just not sure how Lafayette (or Bourbon Co.) play(s) a role in this discussion?

For me, I think rankings would be something like:

LCA

Frederick Douglass

Tates Creek

Somerset

Wayne Co.

LexCath

Collins

BTW, now I see Belfry lost it's best player (star running back/defensive captain at LB). Talk about the planets lining up for you.

It's idle talk now, however. Time to put up or shut up for both of us. Gotta jump, Cat.

Again, I'm asking for a signature win for Boyle? Respectfully, I'm just not sure how Lafayette (or Bourbon Co.) play(s) a role in this discussion?

For me, I think rankings would be something like:

LCA

Frederick Douglass

Tates Creek

Somerset

Wayne Co.

LexCath

Collins

BTW, now I see Belfry lost it's best player (star running back/defensive captain at LB). Talk about the planets lining up for you.

It's idle talk now, however. Time to put up or shut up for both of us. Gotta jump, Cat.

I would rank them

Lca

Catholic

Somerset

The rest are all irrelevant

Christian beat catholic by 20 and somerset by about the same

My point with Lafayette is Catholic is the same caliber of team as Fredrick Douglas and Tate’s creek

Either way hope both teams make it to lex and bring home the hardware