Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How does your team keep their stats?

Featured Replies

What does your team do for stats? Do they have somebody upstairs with a book and pencil? Some stat girls on the sidelines? A computerized program for the PC or PDA?

 

Please tell us about how your stats are kept and how accurate and complete they are.

 

If you use a computerized program, please tell us which one and if you'd buy it again or something else.

  • Author

Do you know what program they use, RP

Caldwell just has a guy who keeps them in his head, sorta like Trigg:jump:

 

Actually, Caldwell's stats are kept the old-fashioned way, by about 4-5 people down on the sideline with pencil and paper.

 

I've looked for a good stat program (meaning a good, cheap!, stat program), but haven't been able to find anything for a Mac that I liked.

Here's a very good Sports software package....CyberSports and I believe, KHSAA has used or currently uses.

 

I have 2 modules and it can be downloaded onto laptops, for use on the sidelines or court. Very good quality, easy to learn and printouts in seconds. If you need support, they are equally helpful.

 

CyberSports Software

I don't know what the program is but i have noticed this year Corbin is keeping it by lap top either on the sides lines or in the box depending on the game site.

What does your team do for stats? Do they have somebody upstairs with a book and pencil? Some stat girls on the sidelines? A computerized program for the PC or PDA?

 

Please tell us about how your stats are kept and how accurate and complete they are.

 

If you use a computerized program, please tell us which one and if you'd buy it again or something else.

 

I'm sure a lot of teams use Microsoft Excel.

 

You can program it, format it, and edit it very easily. I'm not sure exactly how teams use it, but I would think a lot since it is cheap and accessable.

 

You could put it on a laptop during a game, or copy stats from pencil and paper onto it after the game very easily.

Newport just has a stat guy who is down on the field with a pencil and a book that he logs stats for each play in.

Do you know what program they use, RP

I can't remember but you can e-mail [email protected], and he shold be able to tell you.

  • Author
Somerset uses a PDA to keep their stats.

What software, if you know?

What Trinity uses is also what I use for Manual (Beth Haven also uses it), The Automated Scorebook for Football available at http://www.statcrew.com

Statcrew is based out of Cincy.

 

It's got a learning curve getting used to it but once you do it's easy, and makes you look good, you can have live internet stats, extra monitors for media, and print reports immmediately after the game.

 

This is the same software used by most NCAA schools and conferences including Big East, Conf USA, SEC, UK, U of L, Notre Dame, etc etc.

Most of the Arena/Indoor leagues use it as well, I use it for the Louisville Fire.

 

With this software it works best to be in the box taking stats live on the laptop. I'd recommend it, it's pricey $350 not counting the cost of the laptop, and annual updates are $125 and you have to buy the update to do live internet stats each year. It comes with a big manual about 300 pages and like I mentioned you need practice before being ready to do live stats at a game.

The stats are very complete, the accuracy depends on the person inputting the info, spotters etc and knowledge of the rules, and how rules affect stats.

Software is great but you have to know what the stat should be to input it correctly. I don't know of a NFHS stat guide, but here is a link to the NCAA one, the rules are pretty similar especially in regards to stats (sacks count as rushing yds, etc) http://www.ncaa.org/library/statistical/football_stats_manual/2006/2006_football_stats_manual.pdf

 

An example of what I mean:

Team A kicks off to Team B, Team B #20 takes the kick at the B 5, returns it to the A 44. A penalty for illegal block in the back against Team B is thrown at B 35, as a result the ball is spotted at the B25, 1st & 10.

 

You give # 20 credit for the return for 30 yards and assess a 10 yd penalty.

 

There are lots of similar scenarios where an inexperienced stat person could easily get confused, and really have problems especially with more in-depth software.

^^^

 

I was just going to keep it simple and say "Pete".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.