Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer Co. VS Russell?

Featured Replies

First of all. The times you give could be correct but I doubt it. If you had three kids with times that are national times we would have heard about it on ESPN at not from you. Keep in mind these are times that players like Dion Sanders had in his prime. There are teams in the NFL that don't have one player that has a 4.31 and you are telling us that Mercer has three. Very impressive. It makes me wonder if this Mercer team is fan based. Congratulations on a State Championship. I just wanted to be the first to congratulate the Mercer faithful.

:laugh:

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it back to the game or this will be closed.:irked:

Nothing is wrong with this thread. I can state an opinion. BUT Facts are Mercer has two of the top five fastest kids in the state and one not far from the two. It's hard to defend that, especially when the Red Devils run a 52 and their Ends (which are contain) are on the LOS. There is NO WAY they can contain that kind of speed. Sorry, sticking to my story.

Wouldn't that be the same defense that forced Mercer to scrap their gameplan and try to go from the spread last year. ;)

I don't mean to thread jump here but why do people bring up a game that IF it was to be played it would be weeks down the road. I know one thing, if either school is looking past the rest of the season anticipating this game....you will not make it to this game.

:thumb: Nice!!:thumb:

Mercer fans have forgotten about everyone else in 2A. They forget that you have to WIN to championship and that it's not given to anyone. Russell and Mercer may not even make it. It could be anyone, including your Corbin. But they think they've already won it.

 

Read todays article in the Harrodsburg news paper. I can see why these fans are so pumped up. It's 1971 again and we are the Titans.

All I can say is this: Each team in Russell's district is down, including Russell. They are the defending state champion and until someone knocks them off, they are the team to beat.

 

Mercer is a team loaded with talent, speed and a well put together coaching staff with a lot of guys from last years first playoff win since the mid 90's ????

 

Anyhow, until they get there - playoffs we can say this and that, but they must play the game and that will allow us to support the kids and find out who the team is to beat.

Well, that it guys. We might as well not even show up. Just go ahead and give the rings to Mercer, we'll just get ready for B-ball.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:thumb: yea, all this talk about lil Mercer....When a championship first then talk about it! No doubt they have a great team, but do something first :D

:thumb: yea, all this talk about lil Mercer....When a championship first then talk about it! No doubt they have a great team, but do something first :D

 

They have done something. The players earned the number 1 ranking in the state. They are undefeated. By the looks of their schedule they should win out. Then we have the playoffs. The team to fear is Western. They say nothing and carry a big stick. Egg is extremely hard to get off your face in November. It seems to stay there until the next season comes around. Opps then your team goes to 5-A.

 

I do although feel today that Mercer on paper is the favorite to win it all. So much can happen to your team from today until the Championship Game. Those three speedsters with 4.31 Dion Sanders speed that we should have heard about on ESPN that Mercer has could get hurt. You can have a bad game. All kinds of things can happen. My Dad was a wise old man and I remember him telling me as a young football player. Never count your chickens before they hatch. Never. Someone has been counting chickens before they hatch.

Coach Bryant used to tell his boys when they won to act like you've been there before. Its good advice. But then again, you haven't really ever been there before.

 

 

It's kinda hard since they have 7 wins in school history, New student body+New athletes=New team.

I read from another post a long time ago in the pre season that at the Centre Combine #2 Cory Jackson ran a 4.31 Donald Walker #32 ran a 4.32(he should return this week from injury) and Brandon Ford #13 ran a 4.33 that was with a hand time though, and the wind played a factor. But still that is extremely fast!!!

 

I dont have a dog in this fight, but I dont buy this for 4.3 seconds, or even one second for that matter. ;)

 

I seriously doubt there is a kid in this state that runs a 4.3 fourty in football.

I read from another post a long time ago in the pre season that at the Centre Combine #2 Cory Jackson ran a 4.31 Donald Walker #32 ran a 4.32(he should return this week from injury) and Brandon Ford #13 ran a 4.33 that was with a hand time though, and the wind played a factor. But still that is extremely fast!!!

 

 

I posted that about the times. I was misinformed. Walker isnt that fast. I would say brandon is 4.4 somewhere but I would bet the farm on Jackson being in the 4.3's.

All the while, Western has no presence on this site...

 

The silent killer of Mercer? Western?

 

 

I started a thread that stated this possibility. ( Are Mercer and Western on a collison course? ) Western may very well knock out Mercer. It's very possible.

3 Routes? Russell has a bit more than that in it's arsenal. Keep thinking you know everything there is to know about Russell. I bet nobody told you that they've ran the shotgun this year?

 

 

I know one area with the Titans that is totally different then the scotties is that their pass defense has been very good. They have faced 3 good qb's so far. And all three never were able to get comfortable. They have great pursuit. If Russell can keep the linebackers contained then they may very well hurt Mercer with the pass making clarke even more dangerous. I know this is a bad thread that brings out a lot of anger but it's almost playoff time and its going to be fun to see how everything plays out. Alot can happen. Mercer has to get to the third round before they can prove they are that much better then ths scotties were. If and when Mercer goes down I will be on here to take my medicine. My Raiders stink so I have to root for one of my teams thats winning atleast.

Wouldn't that be the same defense that forced Mercer to scrap their gameplan and try to go from the spread last year. ;)

 

 

Wouldnt that be a different Mercer team? A much different team this year. Everyone is right, who knows who would be there. Myself I just hope we are so I don't really care who it is we play if we make it.

Read todays article in the Harrodsburg news paper. I can see why these fans are so pumped up. It's 1971 again and we are the Titans.

 

 

The paper doesnt come out till wednsday. How did you get yours early??? Hey I keep hearing that Denzel is going to be an honorary coach for one of our games. I also heard that coach Jaggers isnt goin to let him call any plays.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.