Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer Co. VS Russell?

Featured Replies

Nothing is wrong with this thread. I can state an opinion. BUT Facts are Mercer has two of the top five fastest kids in the state and one not far from the two. It's hard to defend that, especially when the Red Devils run a 52 and their Ends (which are contain) are on the LOS. There is NO WAY they can contain that kind of speed. Sorry, sticking to my story.

 

 

Hey, you need to move to Vegas. You could make millions since you've figured out how to tell the future. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You've seen Russell play? What game? If it's been any game since Ashland, you may have seen the "real" 1st team in for maybe 1 series. That's pretty hard to judge a team by seeing them for 1 series during a game.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing to come to mind was the hit Clark put on there QB last fall right after Russell was penalized three times for getting a little rough I don't know how many remember that but I bet that kid does just wondering do they still have the same QB from last year?

I do.

They do.

Russell and Mercer may not even play. This thread is really immature. There are a handful of teams that could make it to the carpet. Anyone ever heard of Belfry? What about Western, Corbin, Middlesboro, Trigg Co., LaRue, shall I go on? This thread is stupid!!!!!

I read from another post a long time ago in the pre season that at the Centre Combine #2 Cory Jackson ran a 4.31 Donald Walker #32 ran a 4.32(he should return this week from injury) and Brandon Ford #13 ran a 4.33 that was with a hand time though, and the wind played a factor. But still that is extremely fast!!!

Wow, that would make them three of the fastest kids in the country. all three right there in Mercer County. I don't see their names on any lists of top prospects, how did everybody miss these guys?:rolleyes:

Who cares if they are unpopular! Just WIN Baby! GO TITANS!

 

 

Oh, Ok. Now, I see. You're from Mercer. That just explains your opinion. I hope Russell does meet Mercer because it means they're on the carpet and when they do go ahead and think you're soooo much better than everyone. That's what may get you beat. You better hope the players aren't as cocky as their fans are.

Yes but only 3 routes....thats not hard to cover.

 

 

3 Routes? Russell has a bit more than that in it's arsenal. Keep thinking you know everything there is to know about Russell. I bet nobody told you that they've ran the shotgun this year?

These two teams cannot meet until the state championship game. They may be the odds-on favorites to make it there, but when was the last time that has happened in 2A?

 

 

Mercer fans have forgotten about everyone else in 2A. They forget that you have to WIN to championship and that it's not given to anyone. Russell and Mercer may not even make it. It could be anyone, including your Corbin. But they think they've already won it.

I read from another post a long time ago in the pre season that at the Centre Combine #2 Cory Jackson ran a 4.31 Donald Walker #32 ran a 4.32(he should return this week from injury) and Brandon Ford #13 ran a 4.33 that was with a hand time though, and the wind played a factor. But still that is extremely fast!!!

 

 

I'd like to see that for myself.

No way on that one. I've seen Western. They have equal speed in the backfield but top to bottom they dont even come close to Mercer.

Ronnie Darden and Justin Collins are fast but you are right Mercer is faster from top to bottom. if Mercer play Western Mercer by 3 tds or better IMO

I don't mean to thread jump here but why do people bring up a game that IF it was to be played it would be weeks down the road. I know one thing, if either school is looking past the rest of the season anticipating this game....you will not make it to this game.

I don't mean to thread jump here but why do people bring up a game that IF it was to be played it would be weeks down the road. I know one thing, if either school is looking past the rest of the season anticipating this game....you will not make it to this game.

Correction.....THAT is the best post in this thread.

I don't mean to thread jump here but why do people bring up a game that IF it was to be played it would be weeks down the road. I know one thing, if either school is looking past the rest of the season anticipating this game....you will not make it to this game.

You are exactly right.:thumb:

First thing to come to mind was the hit Clark put on there QB last fall right after Russell was penalized three times for getting a little rough I don't know how many remember that but I bet that kid does just wondering do they still have the same QB from last year?

Yes he's back.....he was able to make a full recovery.:rolleyes:

I honestly don't remember the hit you are referring to, but there were SEVERAL dished out by both teams.

I read from another post a long time ago in the pre season that at the Centre Combine #2 Cory Jackson ran a 4.31 Donald Walker #32 ran a 4.32(he should return this week from injury) and Brandon Ford #13 ran a 4.33 that was with a hand time though, and the wind played a factor. But still that is extremely fast!!!

 

First of all. The times you give could be correct but I doubt it. If you had three kids with times that are national times we would have heard about it on ESPN at not from you. Keep in mind these are times that players like Dion Sanders had in his prime. There are teams in the NFL that don't have one player that has a 4.31 and you are telling us that Mercer has three. Very impressive. It makes me wonder if this Mercer team is fan based. Congratulations on a State Championship. I just wanted to be the first to congratulate the Mercer faithful.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.