#6 Simon Kenton vs. #14 Ballard (6A Second Round)

thsrocks

Simon Kenton vs. Ballard:Who wins and why?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Simon Kenton vs. Ballard:Who wins and why?

Ballard will not beat SK. Boone played Ballard last night in a very evenly matched game. The game came down to a botched 2-pt conversion try by Boone to go ahead. Instead, Boone was down by 1 point late in the fourth quarter that led to some desperate measures allowing another score by Ballard. See my write-up in the Ballard v Boone Final thread.

Ballard will try to throw the ball. They don't do much running, though I think they have a couple of athletes that would make for a respectable running game if Ballard intended to do that. Their QB is very solidly built and though he doesn't run hard, he can be hard to bring down if he gets a head of steam and you don't get a good shot on him. #25 also has some ability. Again, he isn't real physical but if you don't get a body into him he will get some extra yards and he is quite capable of getting 8-15 yrd runs frequently.

But I believe Ballard will have trouble slowing down SK's offense. They just simply won't be able keep up. Ballard compares to Boone in ability. Where they are different is that Ballard is a passing team.