#6 Simon Kenton vs. #14 Ballard (6A Second Round)

thsrocks

Simon Kenton vs. Ballard:Who wins and why?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Simon Kenton vs. Ballard:Who wins and why?

Simon Kenton (10-1) defeated Jeffersontown (3-8) 48-17. Ballard (6-5) ended Boone County's (1-10) season 20-12. The only blemish on the Pioneers season was a loss to Ryle (8-3) on October 20.

The Bruins have struggled to put points on the board in recent weeks. Ballard suffered shutouts to Trinity (11-0) and Central Hardin (8-3) before picking up twenty points verus the Rebels. I look for Ballard to struggle versus the Pioneers attack, falling 49-14.

Guest T Rocks

How do you check the results for the polls...i thought I voted SK to win this game but in the past I have screwed up and not paid attention before I clicked vote.

How do you check the results for the polls...i thought I voted SK to win this game but in the past I have screwed up and not paid attention before I clicked vote.

For some reason, after you vote, you can no longer view poll results. I haven't voted yet so I checked for you.

You have, in fact, picked Ballard as the winner.

Really good matchup for SK. Ballard doesn't run much (SK's achilles heel is defending the rush). Ballard throws the ball all over the field, SK defends the pass pretty well. SK's strength is the vertical pass first to set up the run, and they can do that well against anybody. I look for a Pioneer win, 38-14.

Really good matchup for SK. Ballard doesn't run much (SK's achilles heel is defending the rush). Ballard throws the ball all over the field, SK defends the pass pretty well. SK's strength is the vertical pass first to set up the run, and they can do that well against anybody. I look for a Pioneer win, 38-14.

They actually have really only struggled agianst Ryle in stopping the run.

289 against Dixie and 225 versus Highlands tells me Ryle was not an isolated aberration. Last year their rushing defense was a sieve and this year they have jumped out explosively early forcing many teams to throw to catch up creating misleading defensive stats. Love their O, their rushing D scares me. Glad Ballard can't run effectively; but suspect after scouting they will try.