Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton-Verona 72 Shawnee 0

Featured Replies

72 is a lot of points Coach, just sayin'

WV advances to play CAL. I look forward to it.

“72 is a lot of points Coach, just sayin'”

 

Exactly what I thought when I saw the score

Edited by Sparkey
Added quote

I think it’s terrible to do this to kids. Also saw were Trinity did the same thing. I think this is really bad spotsmanship.

I think it’s terrible to do this to kids. Also saw were Trinity did the same thing. I think this is really bad spotsmanship.

 

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Walton Verona had 3rd string guys in during the 3rd quarter, they are a small school. What else can you do? Kids that would never score touchdowns in a close game this year were scoring, do you tell that kid keep it out of the endzone???

Walton Verona is a small public school who just got a football program within the past 10 years, don't get mad at them. Be mad at the fact this game is played if anything.

This is the reason why only the first and seconds place teams should be taken.

Walton Verona is a small public school who just got a football program within the past 10 years, don't get mad at them. Be mad at the fact this game is played if anything.

Shawnee is also a small, public school.

Shawnee has 16 players. They literally barely have a team. Having seen them play, I can see how WV scored 72 WITHOUT running up the score. In my opinion, if you have your freshmen in the game and you're telling them not to score on purpose, that is more insulting than the additional points.

Kudos to the Shawnee players. These guys have got to be playing for the love of the game. Looking st their record, it seems that they are the punching bag for programs that would otherwise have few or no wins.

Didn't think this was about running up the score but I guess I was wrong. Unless WV was going to take a knee for three quarters this was bound to happen. Starters were out by beginning of 2nd quarter and the play calling was extremely vanilla . WV did not throw a pass the entire second half. The play calling looked like they were calling 2 plays only on offense. Not running up the score and if you were there you would know that.

Didn't think this was about running up the score but I guess I was wrong. Unless WV was going to take a knee for three quarters this was bound to happen. Starters were out by beginning of 2nd quarter and the play calling was extremely vanilla . WV did not throw a pass the entire second half. The play calling looked like they were calling 2 plays only on offense. Not running up the score and if you were there you would know that.

I've been involved in games where this was the case. Those reading the score and stats get offended, but in a real game scenario, there wasn't much you could do besides tell the last string kids not to try and that's just wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.