Class 2A Playoff Preview

Ram

VanCleave is the best overall player in 2A and I'm not sure it's close.

Wright is the best player, he was last year, and will be next year. VanCleave is a great player take nothing away from the kid. But he doesn't have the size that Wright has. Wright's numbers at receiver would have been much different if he wouldn't have had to play QB all year. The kid already has his pick of schools that want his services.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wright is the best player, he was last year, and will be next year. VanCleave is a great player take nothing away from the kid. But he doesn't have the size that Wright has. Wright's numbers at receiver would have been much different if he wouldn't have had to play QB all year. The kid already has his pick of schools that want his services.

The numbers don't lie. My vote goes to VanCleave.

Anybody watched last year's 2A Championship game... Who was better Wright or VanCleave ?....if I was recruiting them...I would take them both. Just from watching the Danville vs. LCA game on prepspin, the VanCleave kid got a extra gear that's incredible !..Now I've seen the Wright kid play 5 times now and man-o-man he is special, fast, athletic and with great size too. They both play O/D....yep I would take them both !

Anybody watched last year's 2A Championship game... Who was better Wright or VanCleave ?....if I was recruiting them...I would take them both. Just from watching the Danville vs. LCA game on prepspin, the VanCleave kid got a extra gear that's incredible !..Now I've seen the Wright kid play 5 times now and man-o-man he is special, fast, athletic and with great size too. They both play O/D....yep I would take them both !

http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/archived.php?id=147651

Okay, which of these two players is better?

PLAYER A:

10 rushes 56 yards 5 TD

20 receptions 462 yards 6 TD

1 INT 0 TD

22 tackles

PLAYER B:

47 rushes 489 yards 6 TD

55 receptions 726 yards 8 TD

1 INT 1 TD

41 tackles

Historical precedent. NCC always seems to be playing their best football come postseason and they've shown in their win over CAL they are at least capable of putting together a significant win. I think NCC has played tougher opponents than has Lloyd. I know the deficit was wide the last time but I think the two teams are closer than that score. How will Lloyd handle the difficult task of beating a team twice in one year?

Flip side to all of this - NCC has to go to Glasgow and win, which will be difficult, and if they can't do it, the entire previous paragraph is unnecessary!

They also usually don’t get rolled by Lloyd and get a running clock put on them by Beechwood.

They need to find some fight. Nothing is guaranteed. If they don’t figure it out amongst themselves, then they will waste 8 hours driving to and from Glasgow.

This season in 2A football, I'll take D'Mauriae VanCleave all day, every day. We aren't talking better college prospect, we are talking 2A football player right now. VanCleave > Wright

Not a fair comparison, simply because Wright has played out of position all year.

Again. I like VanCleave. He deserves every good thing that happens to him. I think he is a game changing player. But I still say Wright.

Anyways, good luck to all the players, hoping for no injuries, and all teams can play at full strength. Safe travels for those teams that are traveling across the state, and first one to five wins it.

Stat wise, VanCleave had the better year.I think that Wright may be the better college prospect. Both great high school players that could transition to college ball easily. I hope we get to see Mr. VanCleave in the playoffs....that would mean we got past Mr. Wright and get a shot at that bullet you call a RB...lol. Safe travels to all teams tonight.