October 8, 200619 yr Thats ALOT of money. I have heard the Yanks have been in the Red the last few years. This can't be true can it????
October 8, 200619 yr Author Thats ALOT of money. I have heard the Yanks have been in the Red the last few years. This can't be true can it???? Not sure. I know we have a few fans on here. Maybe they can help...
October 8, 200619 yr The funny thing is that they won more with the homegrown boys (Posada, Rivera, Bernie, Tino, Jeter). I know some of those guys are still around but that was the nucleus. I also get a kick out of how people in general always bash the Yankees for the money they spend (I'm not talking about on here and I know the Yanks spend more money than anybody) but teams like the Cards, Red Sox and Mets are guilty of buying their teams too yet nobody seems to dog them.
October 8, 200619 yr 5 seasons and no rings in the Bronx... Actually 6 seasons: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006. that would be 6.
October 8, 200619 yr The funny thing is that they won more with the homegrown boys (Posada, Rivera, Bernie, Tino, Jeter). I know some of those guys are still around but that was the nucleus. I also get a kick out of how people in general always bash the Yankees for the money they spend (I'm not talking about on here and I know the Yanks spend more money than anybody) but teams like the Cards, Red Sox and Mets are guilty of buying their teams too yet nobody seems to dog them. The rest of them are right but Tino came up with the Mariners!!!! And it is a little different when you're talking about a team spending 201 million dollars on payroll and the next closest team spending 120 million. The 81 million dollar difference is more than most teams can afford to spend period. Let alone adding the other 120 million to it. The other teams can't afford to go out and buy a potential hall of famer like Abreu because they've got someone on the disabled list. Actually this years Yankee team featured Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Wang, Cano, Williams, Proctor and Cabrera that were all home grown. They just evidently don't like each other or they are tin man players--lacking a heart because they have more talent than any team in the league and most teams would have to combine with another team to get close to their talent. They're a bunch of mercanaries and they got what they deserved.
October 8, 200619 yr Author Actually 6 seasons: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006. that would be 6. The Billion spent was in 5 years...
October 8, 200619 yr Author Where does PayRod end up? Still in the AL? If he moves, I bet it will be the NL...
October 8, 200619 yr On the bright side it did buy them all those division titles. And one of the most on-paper talented, least likeable teams ever. A lot of their own fans can't stand them. Let's go around the horn: 1st base Jason "The Giambino" Giambi, the one Balco-Brother that got a pass because he isn't breaking the Babe's record and he apoligized for doing something bad. He just didn't say for what or when, it could have been for excessive Blockbuster overdue fees. 2nd Base-Robinson Cano, I can't say much bad about him. SS Derek Jeter, sure he plays hard but he's got that perma-smirk going on and when you're voted most over-rated player by your peers its obvious the baseball people don't like you as much as the Yankee fans. 3B Alex Rodriguez, I don't even have to make a joke here, but I will. The master of the 3 run homer when his team is up or down by at least 6. MVP to his own teammates calling him out in the same year. I'll always fondly remember him slapping the ball away from Arroyo like a sissy and taking the old 2 handed shove in the kisser from Varitek. I hope they keep him but I guess he'll be elsewhere next year making sure his team doesn't win a World Series. LF Hideki Matsui, he doesn't talk much but when he does he loves to talk about his impressive collection of porn. CF Johnny Damon, the guys a liar period. He said he'd never play for the Yankees, that it wasn't about the money yet he bolted the first time any green was waved at him. Plus he throws like, never mind if he threw like a 4 year old girl it would actually be an improvement. RF Gary Sheffield--another Balco Brother, if he weren't a baseball player he'd be a leg-breaker for the mob. You can just see it. DH-Bobby Abreu, I actually like him, shame he's playing with this crew. C-Jorge Posada, a horrible defensive catcher and one of the biggest crybabies in the league, he also finished very badly in a poll of his peers, plus he's a ninny that can't stand to be pitched inside to, although he never has the guts to do anything about it. P Randy Johnson, he was hoping that by surrounding himself with this lineup no one would notice the giant fork sticking out of his back--it hasn't worked so far. He pitches one decent game a month now. Carl Pavano--is he still alive, I figured they were pulling a Weekend at Bernies with him. Mike "Moose" Mussina--the next time he wins a big game it will be his first. Has a blast against the Devil Rays in the regular season. Mariano Rivera--I really can't say anything bad about him either, the biggest class act on the team. People can quit comparing this bunch to Murderer's Row. The only thing the Yankees of the last 6 seasons should be remembered for is the biggest choke in postseason history. Hopefully they keep this team intact next year. :thumb:
October 8, 200619 yr I'm glad they lost, all this talk about being the greatest offensive unit of all time, but that doesn't matter if you have an aging pitching staff.
October 8, 200619 yr On the bright side it did buy them all those division titles. And one of the most on-paper talented, least likeable teams ever. A lot of their own fans can't stand them. Let's go around the horn: 1st base Jason "The Giambino" Giambi, the one Balco-Brother that got a pass because he isn't breaking the Babe's record and he apoligized for doing something bad. He just didn't say for what or when, it could have been for excessive Blockbuster overdue fees. 2nd Base-Robinson Cano, I can't say much bad about him. SS Derek Jeter, sure he plays hard but he's got that perma-smirk going on and when you're voted most over-rated player by your peers its obvious the baseball people don't like you as much as the Yankee fans. 3B Alex Rodriguez, I don't even have to make a joke here, but I will. The master of the 3 run homer when his team is up or down by at least 6. MVP to his own teammates calling him out in the same year. I'll always fondly remember him slapping the ball away from Arroyo like a sissy and taking the old 2 handed shove in the kisser from Varitek. I hope they keep him but I guess he'll be elsewhere next year making sure his team doesn't win a World Series. LF Hideki Matsui, he doesn't talk much but when he does he loves to talk about his impressive collection of porn. CF Johnny Damon, the guys a liar period. He said he'd never play for the Yankees, that it wasn't about the money yet he bolted the first time any green was waved at him. Plus he throws like, never mind if he threw like a 4 year old girl it would actually be an improvement. RF Gary Sheffield--another Balco Brother, if he weren't a baseball player he'd be a leg-breaker for the mob. You can just see it. DH-Bobby Abreu, I actually like him, shame he's playing with this crew. C-Jorge Posada, a horrible defensive catcher and one of the biggest crybabies in the league, he also finished very badly in a poll of his peers, plus he's a ninny that can't stand to be pitched inside to, although he never has the guts to do anything about it. P Randy Johnson, he was hoping that by surrounding himself with this lineup no one would notice the giant fork sticking out of his back--it hasn't worked so far. He pitches one decent game a month now. Carl Pavano--is he still alive, I figured they were pulling a Weekend at Bernies with him. Mike "Moose" Mussina--the next time he wins a big game it will be his first. Has a blast against the Devil Rays in the regular season. Mariano Rivera--I really can't say anything bad about him either, the biggest class act on the team. People can quit comparing this bunch to Murderer's Row. The only thing the Yankees of the last 6 seasons should be remembered for is the biggest choke in postseason history. Hopefully they keep this team intact next year. :thumb: LOL, good stuff. I enjoyed reading that one and got sereral laughs out of it.:lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.