Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 20 Bills 16

Featured Replies

On a side note, they may not be the most form-fitting or stylish, and they certainly "feel weird", but our Frogg Toggs raincoats were the bomb today. I may even think about getting a pair of their pants too, if I know I'm going to be out in conditions like today.

 

I bought the entire set a few years ago. It’s the best $40 I’ve spent on clothing. I sat through my son’s game this afternoon, and the only thing wet was the bill of my hat. The rain suit and some good water proof work boots, and you come out nice and dry.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a Patriots game a few years ago that was an absolute downpour in the 4th quarter. It was raining harder that day than any part of today. But I've been to basically every game since they opened PBS and this was the wettest game I can remember as well. At least it wasn't cold though.

 

 

That is the hardest rain I have ever been in. Brady gets the ball with two minutes to go and needs a TD to win it and he cannot grip the ball. The only time I can remember getting a break against a good team.

I expect fc to disagree with this again, but I'm still completely fine with continuing on with Kroft and Uzomah after this year and letting Eifert walk. I think Dalton's trust in Kroft is continuing to grow and the guy is making the plays when his number is called.

I expect fc to disagree with this again, but I'm still completely fine with continuing on with Kroft and Uzomah after this year and letting Eifert walk. I think Dalton's trust in Kroft is continuing to grow and the guy is making the plays when his number is called.

 

Not that it means much, but I agree with you...

I'll take this defense against any in the league except maybe Denver. They fly to the ball, Atkins is unblockable, the secondary when healthy is playing lights out and oh yeah they have the best linebacker in the league.

 

Disrespect my Jags like that.

Disrespect my Jags like that.

No disrespect especially after you knocked off Pittsbugh. We'll see you soon enough though.

I expect fc to disagree with this again, but I'm still completely fine with continuing on with Kroft and Uzomah after this year and letting Eifert walk. I think Dalton's trust in Kroft is continuing to grow and the guy is making the plays when his number is called.

 

Not that it means much, but I agree with you... ��

 

I do disagree. Just liked I disagreed with people who all wanted Burfict gone after the playoff game. Or who wanted him gone because of saying you can't trust him to be on the field. Or that the defense does fine without him. Yeah they did fine without him but they are great with him playing and rather them be great than just fine. At the end of the day you don't let difference makers just walk just because. Guys who are top 5 in their position when they play.

 

You all make it seem like yeah you should just let him go, so yes I do disagree strongly with you all. If the Bengals could sign him to an extension before he hits the market you do it and make it very excentive based, based on him playing and performing. This way if he doesn't play much still he doesn't break you because he doesn't reach his incentives.

 

Or you franchise him to get at least one more year from him. Franchise tag means you pay the guy the average of the top 5 highest tes in the NFL. The highest paid makes 10 million a year with the next four around 9 million. So I am perfectly fine franchise tagging him for a year for about 9.5 million. Then if Kroft truly does end up being as good as you think, it would give is a great two tight end system, and gives us one more year of data showing if Kroft can be a good te, or is he benefiting because teams don't really think much about him yet. Right now Eifert still opens up way more for us than Kroft would just cause of the attention he gets.

 

Now if they don't franchise him, or don't extend him before free agency. Then I don't say you match whatever he gets offered no matter what, because some team will offer a crazy amount and that would be dumb to match it. However if you can extend him, or at worst franchise tag him for a year for about 9.5 million you do it.

I do disagree. Just liked I disagreed with people who all wanted Burfict gone after the playoff game. Or who wanted him gone because of saying you can't trust him to be on the field. Or that the defense does fine without him. Yeah they did fine without him but they are great with him playing and rather them be great than just fine. At the end of the day you don't let difference makers just walk just because. Guys who are top 5 in their position when they play.

 

You all make it seem like yeah you should just let him go, so yes I do disagree strongly with you all. If the Bengals could sign him to an extension before he hits the market you do it and make it very excentive based, based on him playing and performing. This way if he doesn't play much still he doesn't break you because he doesn't reach his incentives.

 

Or you franchise him to get at least one more year from him. Franchise tag means you pay the guy the average of the top 5 highest tes in the NFL. The highest paid makes 10 million a year with the next four around 9 million. So I am perfectly fine franchise tagging him for a year for about 9.5 million. Then if Kroft truly does end up being as good as you think, it would give is a great two tight end system, and gives us one more year of data showing if Kroft can be a good te, or is he benefiting because teams don't really think much about him yet. Right now Eifert still opens up way more for us than Kroft would just cause of the attention he gets.

 

Now if they don't franchise him, or don't extend him before free agency. Then I don't say you match whatever he gets offered no matter what, because some team will offer a crazy amount and that would be dumb to match it. However if you can extend him, or at worst franchise tag him for a year for about 9.5 million you do it.

 

I've always been in Burfict's corner... he's a beast.

I just saw a stat - bengals defense have given up 1314 yards this year. It's the lowest amount any team has given up thru the first 5 games since 1976.

I do disagree. Just liked I disagreed with people who all wanted Burfict gone after the playoff game. Or who wanted him gone because of saying you can't trust him to be on the field. Or that the defense does fine without him. Yeah they did fine without him but they are great with him playing and rather them be great than just fine. At the end of the day you don't let difference makers just walk just because. Guys who are top 5 in their position when they play.

 

You all make it seem like yeah you should just let him go, so yes I do disagree strongly with you all. If the Bengals could sign him to an extension before he hits the market you do it and make it very excentive based, based on him playing and performing. This way if he doesn't play much still he doesn't break you because he doesn't reach his incentives.

 

Or you franchise him to get at least one more year from him. Franchise tag means you pay the guy the average of the top 5 highest tes in the NFL. The highest paid makes 10 million a year with the next four around 9 million. So I am perfectly fine franchise tagging him for a year for about 9.5 million. Then if Kroft truly does end up being as good as you think, it would give is a great two tight end system, and gives us one more year of data showing if Kroft can be a good te, or is he benefiting because teams don't really think much about him yet. Right now Eifert still opens up way more for us than Kroft would just cause of the attention he gets.

 

Now if they don't franchise him, or don't extend him before free agency. Then I don't say you match whatever he gets offered no matter what, because some team will offer a crazy amount and that would be dumb to match it. However if you can extend him, or at worst franchise tag him for a year for about 9.5 million you do it.

I'm not in favor of spending 9.5 million on a guy who I can't be confident that he'll be out there. FTR I think the Bengals will franchise Eifert to give him one more chance to stay healthy for a whole year. I don't think there is a huge drop off from Eifert and Kroft. He's becoming a very reliable target for AD these past two games. I'd love to see him and Eifert out there together if Eifert ever does get healthy. Also the people who wanted Burfict gone are just delusional and didn't understand how big of an impact he made.

I'm not in favor of spending 9.5 million on a guy who I can't be confident that he'll be out there. FTR I think the Bengals will franchise Eifert to give him one more chance to stay healthy for a whole year. I don't think there is a huge drop off from Eifert and Kroft. He's becoming a very reliable target for AD these past two games. I'd love to see him and Eifert out there together if Eifert ever does get healthy. Also the people who wanted Burfict gone are just delusional and didn't understand how big of an impact he made.

 

Your last statement about Burfict is how I also feel about Eifert. People who wanted Burfict gone pointed out how the defense still did fine without him or how the Bengals won without him. However they didn't realize how big of a difference he makes. That's also how I feel about Eifert. Which some of you all have let a few decent games by Kroft make you forget that.

 

Don't get me wrong I am very happy with how Kroft has looked the last 2 weeks. But you can't think either of these two teams the Browns or Bills went into the game really caring about stopping Kroft, because up until now in 3 years he never did anything when when Eifert was hurt. Eventually teams if Kroft keeps this up will game plan a little for him, could he still be a reliable target and get open if teams pay even a little bit of attention to him? We don't know that. We do know with Eifert defensive coordinators are very aware where he is, and will game plan for him. Which opens up things more for Green and others plus may help the running game having another guy in the passing game defenses are worried about. No defense is currently worried about Kroft yet. So yes you saying there is not a huge drop off from Eifert to Kroft is like people saying Burfict didn't make much of a difference on defense just because the defense does ok but not great without him. Which is what the offense is like with Kroft instead of Eifert just ok without him.

 

9.5 million to franchise him is not much at all. Considering the Bengals aren't up tight against the cap and can afford that without breaking them. So if you can keep him for one more year and get lucky and him actually be healthy, you do it.

I honestly would love to see what Eifert could do in a Lazor offense. He seems much better at coming up for designs to get people open. I think we would truly see how much of a difference makers Eifert is compared to Kroft with Lazor calling plays.

Who cares how talented Eifert is? He's a twig. Talent doesn't matter when you can't get on the field. I'd absolutely move on from him if I were the Bengals.

Your last statement about Burfict is how I also feel about Eifert. People who wanted Burfict gone pointed out how the defense still did fine without him or how the Bengals won without him. However they didn't realize how big of a difference he makes. That's also how I feel about Eifert. Which some of you all have let a few decent games by Kroft make you forget that.

 

Don't get me wrong I am very happy with how Kroft has looked the last 2 weeks. But you can't think either of these two teams the Browns or Bills went into the game really caring about stopping Kroft, because up until now in 3 years he never did anything when when Eifert was hurt. Eventually teams if Kroft keeps this up will game plan a little for him, could he still be a reliable target and get open if teams pay even a little bit of attention to him? We don't know that. We do know with Eifert defensive coordinators are very aware where he is, and will game plan for him. Which opens up things more for Green and others plus may help the running game having another guy in the passing game defenses are worried about. No defense is currently worried about Kroft yet. So yes you saying there is not a huge drop off from Eifert to Kroft is like people saying Burfict didn't make much of a difference on defense just because the defense does ok but not great without him. Which is what the offense is like with Kroft instead of Eifert just ok without him.

 

9.5 million to franchise him is not much at all. Considering the Bengals aren't up tight against the cap and can afford that without breaking them. So if you can keep him for one more year and get lucky and him actually be healthy, you do it.

The difference between Burfict and Eifert is that Burfict is on the field.

I honestly would love to see what Eifert could do in a Lazor offense. He seems much better at coming up for designs to get people open. I think we would truly see how much of a difference makers Eifert is compared to Kroft with Lazor calling plays.

Will we ever find out?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.