Why is Kneeling disrespectful?

PP1

Still, they can be fired if the owners want to fire them. A number of people were fired after being spotted at the White Supremacist rally in Charlottesville. When you work for the private sector and your employer is not the government, the Constitution gives you zero protection. Private employees, including NFL players, can be disciplined or fired for speech, opinions and political affiliations expressed at work or outside work.

I’m well aware but there has never been an issue whether the NFL can discipline. It’s just crazy that the President is trying to direct the league to do so. It’s a subtle distinction, but important. Just because there are consequences doesn’t mean there isn’t a right still there.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understood it completely. A right is a right though. Nobody gave it to you and nobody can take it away. The person yelling the loudest about limiting it IS the government.

You still aren't getting it. The 1st amendment doesnt protect your speech from your employer.

No it isn't. Everyone is talking about the 1st amendment here when it really doesn't apply.

I guess I may agree with you that it doesn't apply, but disagree with the logic. You continue to say that their speech is protected from their government and not their employer, but so far their employers haven't said anything to them while the leader of their government has spoken out against them on multiple occasions.

I understand your point, though.

I guess I may agree with you that it doesn't apply, but disagree with the logic. You continue to say that their speech is protected from their government and not their employer, but so far their employers haven't said anything to them while the leader of their government has spoken out against them on multiple occasions.

I understand your point, though.

What logic do you disagree with? My only point was that the people screaming about rights are confusing what the 1st amendment is.

I never claimed the owners are trying to stop anything. They could however, and more people would complain about rights...

It's solving all society problems. Watch the news, things are so much better. Please keep kneeling down. It's working so great, so much unity and it's just so much better right now.

So I beg you players and owners to keep kneeling.

Shame on NBA for not letting their players kneel. What a racist organization they must be.

I’m well aware but there has never been an issue whether the NFL can discipline. It’s just crazy that the President is trying to direct the league to do so. It’s a subtle distinction, but important. Just because there are consequences doesn’t mean there isn’t a right still there.

As I've previously said, I would have much preferred the president to stay out of this and I continue to feel this way. More pressing issues to be concerned with.

What logic do you disagree with? My only point was that the people screaming about rights are confusing what the 1st amendment is.

I never claimed the owners are trying to stop anything. They could however, and more people would complain about rights...

Because to me, it IS a freedom of speech issue until the owners intervene. As long as they allow it, the players should be free to do so without recourse from Trump or anyone else.

The NBA has made it clear that they will penalize anyone who does not stand for the anthem and I've not heard near as much about that.

Because to me, it IS a freedom of speech issue until the owners intervene. As long as they allow it, the players should be free to do so without recourse from Trump or anyone else.

The NBA has made it clear that they will penalize anyone who does not stand for the anthem and I've not heard near as much about that.

Although I wish he would have kept to himself, all he really did was suggest what he (or what he thought others) would like to see happen. No one in government was making any play to keep them from doing it.

Although I wish he would have kept to himself, all he really did was suggest what he (or what he thought others) would like to see happen. No one in government was making any play to keep them from doing it.

Oh, I know. He didn't attempt to imprison them or anything. I was just trying to clarify why I thought the fact that the employer could penalize the employee if they so chose wasn't relevant given that it isn't the scenario playing out.

It's solving all society problems. Watch the news, things are so much better. Please keep kneeling down. It's working so great, so much unity and it's just so much better right now.

So I beg you players and owners to keep kneeling.

Shame on NBA for not letting their players kneel. What a racist organization they must be.

You do understand that there were players who knelt or locked arms or whatever else they did who 100% disagree with Kaepernicks stance right? It's important to me that you know that.