Cooper vs. Dixie Heights

HOF

COOPER OR DIXIE ?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. COOPER OR DIXIE ?

Looks like Borchers is trying a 3rd QB that's 5'5 freshman this week, no telling though he changes his mind at the drop of a hat. Jags will be lucky to win 1 game this season. I understand they are young, but there seems to be some talent not being used. Perry hardly even getting the ball thrown to him maybe 1 time a game. It's ugly & doesn't seem to be getting any better for the Jags. Oh yeah, & a side note Borchers keeps team in lockerroom during national anthem each week... Class act!

Looks like Borchers is trying a 3rd QB that's 5'5 freshman this week, no telling though he changes his mind at the drop of a hat. Jags will be lucky to win 1 game this season. I understand they are young, but there seems to be some talent not being used. Perry hardly even getting the ball thrown to him maybe 1 time a game. It's ugly & doesn't seem to be getting any better for the Jags. Oh yeah, & a side note Borchers keeps team in lockerroom during national anthem each week... Class act!

He is making a change at QB again, so what? The team is young, inexperienced, undersized and is 0-5 and he is looking for a spark of some sort and if it means playing a young player at the position for the possible future so be it, he obviously has nothing to lose. You obviously are not up on Cooper history but a QB named Tyler Morris was not much taller than the aforementioned QB that will be starting this Friday and he just happened to lead Cooper to a state title game and NKY POY. Morris also cut his teeth getting groomed as a varsity QB as freshman. Sorry you feel Perry is not getting thrown enough balls his way but I doubt if he got 10 balls thrown his was per game it would change much. Teams go through the cycle, and this is Cooper's turn. Funny how team's that have had virtually 4-5 years of continued success have fans (or parents) that have difficulty dealing with a year of adversity.

As for the "class act" comment on staying in the locker room during playing of the national anthem, that has been the case since day 1 at Cooper and I certainly didn't see any negative posts over the last 9 years. I would venture to say it is the same at a host of other schools across the state and the country for that matter.

Venture to say what you want. Cooper is the only N.ky team this year I've seen in the lockerroom & not on the field standing during the national anthem. All opponents been on the field as a team standing. So my question here is....What HS teams in Ky aren't on the field standing during the pledge of than Cooper football???

Venture to say what you want. Cooper is the only N.ky team this year I've seen in the lockerroom & not on the field standing during the national anthem. All opponents been on the field as a team standing. So my question here is....What HS teams in Ky aren't on the field standing during the pledge of than Cooper football???

Covington Catholic stays in the locker room during the National Anthem. You must not have been at the Cooper/Cov Cath game.

Every game I have ever been to in NKY the teams are inside getting their pregame talk before the game durning the time of the anthem. They don't get the captains out until 5 minutes before the game and the Anthem is already over by then. You are making something out of nothing.

I personally think the freshman is at least top 3 on the team , by the stats and by watching the games . Don't understand why people get offended by underclassmen starting ; especially when the talents their. If upperclassmen keep making mistakes (fumbles) then they should have to earn that coaches trust back. Kentucky football has suffered from this idea for too long. The best players on the field play ! No matter the parents or politics , that's how you win. I'm proud of Borchers for realizing this before cooper lost a future talent to another school.

Most home teams I’m aware of stay in the locker room. Typically the visitors stay out for the anthem because they usually have no decent space to go. This has been true the 30+ years I’ve been around high school football.

Cooper 21 Dixie 14. The Jags will come out after their bye week and take this one. It's Senior night and they will be fired up!! Go Jags!!

I hope the Jags pull out a W! They need the confidence to get thru the rest of the season. It's been a very rough 0-5 start.

Unfortunately for Cooper, Dixie runs up the gut. Their line is good, with some beef. They will gain their yards and score their touchdowns while Cooper has trouble getting in the end zone.

This game goes to Dixie in a similar fashion as when they played Boone Co.

Dixie 35 Cooper 14.