October 2, 200619 yr Author Post #9 Where's the gloom and doom in that? 9 wins is just as likely as 11 or 12...
October 2, 200619 yr Where's the gloom and doom in that? 9 wins is just as likely as 11 or 12... Well, where do I start? I won't bother to drag any old posts after last weeks victory over since I'd be here all afternoon. They were to the effect of "strongest" team in the AFC as well as NFL. Now, one loss has folks worrying that you might eek out a 6-6 summary. Give me a break! How can you be SB bound one week and struggling to get a WC birth the next week? I obviously am not a Bengirl fan, but will admit that you quite possibly have the most potent offense in the league. With that in mind, (not to include that a split with Baltimore and probable wins over Cleveland, Oakland and the Saints) are you not capable of squeezing more than 3 of the remaining 7? Frankly, I hope not, but don't bank on the reigning North champs only milking 9 wins........Sadly!
October 2, 200619 yr Author Well, where do I start? I won't bother to drag any old posts after last weeks victory over since I'd be here all afternoon. They were to the effect of "strongest" team in the AFC as well as NFL. Now, one loss has folks worrying that you might eek out a 6-6 summary. Give me a break! How can you be SB bound one week and struggling to get a WC birth the next week? I obviously am not a Bengirl fan, but will admit that you quite possibly have the most potent offense in the league. With that in mind, (not to include that a split with Baltimore and probable wins over Cleveland, Oakland and the Saints) are you not capable of squeezing more than 3 of the remaining 7? Frankly, I hope not, but don't bank on the reigning North champs only milking 9 wins........Sadly! You didn't see me touting them as the best thing since sliced bread. The Stealers W did nothing to change my mind on the fact this schedule is brutal for every team in the division, and there is going to be a lot of highs and lows for everyone involved...
October 2, 200619 yr You didn't see me touting them as the best thing since sliced bread. The Stealers W did nothing to change my mind on the fact this schedule is brutal for every team in the division, and there is going to be a lot of highs and lows for everyone involved... I remember who you picked before each game, I wasn't referring to you, only Bandwagon,er, Bengirl nation in general. Seriously, do you not sense a "sky is falling mentality"?
October 2, 200619 yr I remember who you picked before each game, I wasn't referring to you, only Bandwagon,er, Bengirl nation in general. Seriously, do you not sense a "sky is falling mentality"? People weren't happy with the game and rightfully so we got blown out. SB teams don't get blown out. Its a little understandable. I don't think the sky is falling but I was a little concerned after the game. Expectations for this team are high and when they fail people are going to jump all over them.
October 2, 200619 yr Author I remember who you picked before each game, I wasn't referring to you, only Bandwagon,er, Bengirl nation in general. Seriously, do you not sense a "sky is falling mentality"? Remember my post about sports fans in Cincy a few weeks ago???
October 2, 200619 yr I remember who you picked before each game, I wasn't referring to you, only Bandwagon,er, Bengirl nation in general. Seriously, do you not sense a "sky is falling mentality"? I'd like to think I'm as big a Bengal fan as their is, and among the longest tenured, but I never thought this team would make the playoffs this year. The combination of off field issues, the uncertainty of Palmer's comeback, and the schedule, led me to that conclusion. This thread should be interesting reading as the season unfolds. NFL Prediction Thread
October 2, 200619 yr Remember my post about sports fans in Cincy a few weeks ago??? If you're referring to the one in GD yes I do. So, let me pose this ? to you,,,Will it forever be that way? Frankly, as a Steeler fan, I expect to win instead of hope to win. Shirley there will be a time when you come to expect to win.
October 2, 200619 yr Author If you're referring to the one in GD yes I do. So, let me pose this ? to you,,,Will it forever be that way? Frankly, as a Steeler fan, I expect to win instead of hope to win. Shirley there will be a time when you come to expect to win. I doubt it. The majority of the fan base will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop...
October 2, 200619 yr People weren't happy with the game and rightfully so we got blown out. SB teams don't get blown out. Its a little understandable. I don't think the sky is falling but I was a little concerned after the game. Expectations for this team are high and when they fail people are going to jump all over them. That is not completely true, the Patriots got blown out by the Bills to start there season and they ended up winning the super bowl still. Even good teams have bad games, and its just that the great teams are able to come back after a tough loss and respond the next week. I mean that is exactly what the Patriots did this week, and I expect the Bengals to do the same thing when they come out of their bye against Tampa Bay...
October 2, 200619 yr That is not completely true, the Patriots got blown out by the Bills to start there season and they ended up winning the super bowl still. Even good teams have bad games, and its just that the great teams are able to come back after a tough loss and respond the next week. I mean that is exactly what the Patriots did this week, and I expect the Bengals to do the same thing when they come out of their bye against Tampa Bay... Ok I should have stated that different.
October 2, 200619 yr Ok I should have stated that different. :thumb: Well I knew what you meant, I just wanted to use that comment just to show a team can get blown out and still ended up doing just fine. Yesterdays loss sucked, but we are 3 and 1 right now so we are in good shape to go into this next tough stretch of games we have ahead of us!
October 2, 200619 yr :thumb: Well I knew what you meant, I just wanted to use that comment just to show a team can get blown out and still ended up doing just fine. Yesterdays loss sucked, but we are 3 and 1 right now so we are in good shape to go into this next tough stretch of games we have ahead of us! :ylsuper: 3-1 in those 4 games is nothing to hang your head about.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.