So After Four Weeks....

Bengal Maniac

...what have we learned. Not much. Being a casual observer and not having seen a game, but follow very closely.

I believe the state champs will be:

6A - Trinity

5A - Bowling Green (This will be fun to attack my idiocy from NKY brethren, I have been called worse)

4A - Johnson Central

3A - Belfry

2A - Mayfield

1A - Beechwood

I know way too early, but I will enjoy any crow if I miss more than 1. Maybe CCH and Raceland spoil my predictions but I don't think so.

Just having fun guys and gals for a little discussion.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The folks in Ohio laugh when I tell them the number of teams in each one of our six Divisions and think what we call a State Champion in Football is indeed laughable and can't quite understand why so many teams make the playoffs and why Ky has so many divisions with so few teams.

Then I tell remind them that in Basketball we have only one State Champion while they have how many? :-)

As far as your prediction, Guru you aren't going to like this but....

One game at a time, one win at a time and getting better each time out. The next game is against Beechwood, so Beechwood is the only game CovCath will worry about this week. You and others can predict all you want but CovCath will work and get ready for Beechwood and Beechwood only.

The folks in Ohio laugh when I tell them the number of teams in each one of our six Divisions and think what we call a State Champion in Football is indeed laughable and can't quite understand why so many teams make the playoffs and why Ky has so many divisions with so few teams.

Then I tell remind them that in Basketball we have only one State Champion while they have how many? :-)

One game at a time, one win at a time and getting better each time out. The next game is against Beechwood, so Beechwood is the only game CovCath will worry about this week. You and others can predict all you want but CovCath will work and get ready for Beechwood and Beechwood only.

Oh, I agree one game at a time. But I really think not much changes year to year with who will win it all. I just don't see any Class with more than 2-3 legits. Not much changes.

...what have we learned. Not much. Being a casual observer and not having seen a game, but follow very closely.

I believe the state champs will be:

6A - Trinity

5A - Bowling Green (This will be fun to attack my idiocy from NKY brethren, I have been called worse)

4A - Johnson Central

3A - Belfry

2A - Mayfield

1A - Beechwood

I know way too early, but I will enjoy any crow if I miss more than 1. Maybe CCH and Raceland spoil my predictions but I don't think so.

Just having fun guys and gals for a little discussion.

My picks at this point are

6A Trinity

5A Covington Catholic

4A Johnson Central

3A Boyle Co (I'll get hate mail for that one)

2A CAL

1A Beechwood

What do I have to do with this thread?