Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6A #2 Saint Xavier at 5A #2 Bowling Green

Saint Xavier at Bowling Green: Who wins and why? 80 members have voted

  1. 1. Saint Xavier at Bowling Green: Who wins and why?

    • Saint Xavier
      72%
    • Bowling Green
      27%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

BG really needs to win this game............

 

Why?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I will pick the Purples but they may not be able to pull it off this year. Just because they may lose again, the sky is still not falling.

 

When was the last time that the Logan County Cougars had a better record than the Purples? The Purples will get their mojo back real soon. Will it be this Friday night? Maybe, maybe not. Will they be competitive each and every night they are on the field? Absolutely. Whatever your high school team is, would you want to be 85-4 since 2011 and your "bad year" in the middle of that run is to only have 2 or 3 losses in 1 season of 8+ seasons? Ill let you answer that one!

BG really needs to win this game............

 

They in no way need to win it. Their last loss before last Friday was a 45-19 shellacking St. X gave them back in 2015. It didn't stop them from winning it all in 5A that year.

They in no way need to win it. Their last loss before last Friday was a 45-19 shellacking St. X gave them back in 2015. It didn't stop them from winning it all in 5A that year.

 

Correct, but 2 in a row isnt good for the psyche. You have some fragile psyche's on this team.

Correct, but 2 in a row isnt good for the psyche. You have some fragile psyche's on this team.

 

I'll have to take your word for that. T'would be quite uncommon for Bowling Green to not be sound mentally.

I'll have to take your word for that. T'would be quite uncommon for Bowling Green to not be sound mentally.

 

When is the last time they lost 2 in a row? Not with these players I dont believe. Just going on the past with some of the players on the roster. Maturity could change things. Guess we will see on Friday.

When is the last time they lost 2 in a row? Not with these players I dont believe. Just going on the past with some of the players on the roster. Maturity could change things. Guess we will see on Friday.

 

In-season? 2002. They lost two in a row spanning 04/05 and 05/06. With those, they went to the state title in each year. But 2002 was the last year they were actually a poor team. This team though, is not poor. I'm confident they'll be fine. I do think they lose this one though.

So what is the rule(s) concerning weather. I know the thunder, lightning deal but what if it is delayed to the point of not being able to be played Friday night? Would they move it to the next day? I don't see St X going back and forth down I65. I know that if it cant be played Friday night that there would be a chance they wouldn't/couldn't make it up.

 

This goes for lots of games throughout the state this Friday night. Hurricane remnants should be in the area at that time. I honestly hope the Purples/X game (and all other games) is able to be played but A.D.'s best be talking to one another. Forecast across most of state looks suspect. Rain - no biggie. Thunder - game changer!

Correct, but 2 in a row isnt good for the psyche. You have some fragile psyche's on this team.

 

:laugh::laugh:

So what is the rule(s) concerning weather. I know the thunder, lightning deal but what if it is delayed to the point of not being able to be played Friday night? Would they move it to the next day? I don't see St X going back and forth down I65. I know that if it cant be played Friday night that there would be a chance they wouldn't/couldn't make it up.

 

This goes for lots of games throughout the state this Friday night. Hurricane remnants should be in the area at that time. I honestly hope the Purples/X game (and all other games) is able to be played but A.D.'s best be talking to one another. Forecast across most of state looks suspect. Rain - no biggie. Thunder - game changer!

 

From a rain standpoint I'm sure BG will put the tarp on the field to save most of the field, but lightning is another story.

Coach Wallace and his staff know how to play the long game. They know what the ultimate goal is and it doesn't really matter if they lose 1 or 2 games along the way, whatever lessons they learn from these early season games against PRP and X will only serve to make them better.

 

Facing a strong team like St. X might be exactly what the inexperienced Purples need. Win or lose, this game will be a great opportunity for BG to grow. I don't think they'll panic if they fall to 1-2.

Facing a strong team like St. X might be exactly what the inexperienced Purples need. Win or lose, this game will be a great opportunity for BG to grow. I don't think they'll panic if they fall to 1-2.

 

Playing St. X will test them in every regard!

Not a good week to be playing the Purples.. they'll take out last weeks frustration on the Tigers. I just don't see St X having enough offensive weapons to keep pace.. The X line play will be the only thing keeping this one from being a blowout.. BG 28 X 14

Not a good week to be playing the Purples.. they'll take out last weeks frustration on the Tigers. I just don't see St X having enough offensive weapons to keep pace.. The X line play will be the only thing keeping this one from being a blowout.. BG 28 X 14

 

MHS,

 

You don't know how much I appreciate this support! And I hope you are 1,000% correct. My concern is this example: Bowling Green is a Lamborghini; St Xavier is a bull dozer. The Lamborghini can get fast quick, but the bull dozer is awfully steady and near impossible to completely stop. If the rains open up in large proportion, that is like putting chains on the Lamborghini's wheels and doubling the width of the bull dozer blade. It can still be done, but the task is steep!

What playing surface does BG have? It's looks like weather will definitely be a factor!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.