Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps Class 5A Rankings Discussion (8/21)

Featured Replies

Class 5A

1. Bowling Green at 6A Pleasure Ridge Park

2. Covington Catholic at 3A #5 Lexington Catholic

3. Christian County vs. Rossview (TN) at Hopkinsville

4. Owensboro vs Mater Dei (IN) (8/26)

5. Fern Creek vs. 6A Manual

6. Doss at #9 South Oldham

7. Greenwood vs. 4A Warren East at WKU (8/26)

8. Southwestern vs. 6A Dunbar at Lafayette

9. South Oldham vs. #6 Doss

10. South Warren vs. 4A Warren Central at WKU (8/26)

Going to see the Purples play on Friday, but won't have to drive far this time!

 

Look for Christian County to break out this week.

 

CovCath at LexCath should be a good one!

 

Am trying to get to the Owensboro game to as I think it will be a fun game.

 

Doss at SOldham is the best game with both 5A teams - no doubt

Doss at SOldham is the best game with both 5A teams - no doubt

 

We'll definitely learn more about these two, especially Doss. Is this the year that all of those talented puzzle pieces fall into place?

 

Interested to see how South Oldham regroups after a slightly disappointing outcome against CAL. They only lost by two scores, but it never really felt like they were a threat to win the game.

Only 1 game in but I am super impressed with my Purples. Yes, they have a lot of talent on the field that most teams would love to have but to think about how much fire power graduated and how they still are still rolling is a big deal. Can't say enough for our coaching staff.

 

St X coaches will invade PRP Friday night to scout the Purples. I want to say to all X fans how much respect I have for your program and fans. Even when you smoked us in 2015 you kept it classy. I think the respect is mutual. Week 3 will be a classic matchup!

 

Louisville area peeps. Its sometimes not fun to go watch two teams but if you get the chance, go see the Purples at PRP Friday night. I think you will see what all the hype is about in the young RB, Tisdale, for BG. Amazing talent

We'll definitely learn more about these two, especially Doss. Is this the year that all of those talented puzzle pieces fall into place?

 

Interested to see how South Oldham regroups after a slightly disappointing outcome against CAL. They only lost by two scores, but it never really felt like they were a threat to win the game.

 

Run DMC,

No disrespect to my friend Bobcat, but I think Doss wins this one. I've just got a feeling this is their year to go far, but FCreek will have something to say about that.

Run DMC,

No disrespect to my friend Bobcat, but I think Doss wins this one. I've just got a feeling this is their year to go far, but FCreek will have something to say about that.

 

No problem 88 -- its all good!! One of the great things about BGP is honesty and respectful disagreement. And honestly South did not play well vs CAL. But as I've said on other threads, that was a very young team out there. At one time on offense 6-7 players were sophomores. But South didn't quit and played much better the second half. I think CAL's coaches had the better game plan and the players executed it beautifully. South did make some adjustments in the second half and played better. I believe South will bounce back at home and pull out a close one. Souths coaches are very good and will make the necessary adjustments and be better prepared for this one. Yes Doss is very good and has some excellent athletes. They will be fired up and ready to go. Expect a great game from both sides.

Football is the best team sport in the world. I'm so glad another season is back in gear! Can't wait to see how it all plays out. Expectations, honesty, and reality are all such a funny thing. Here's to the 2017 season. Good luck to all the 5A teams. May your teams, fans, and communities reach every pinnacle in their wildest dreams!!!

Surprised that Highlands isn't somewhere in the Top 10.. They've had a couple of subpar teams for there standards, but, I'd still be surprised if they aren't one of the best 10 once the dust settles..

No problem 88 -- its all good!! One of the great things about BGP is honesty and respectful disagreement. And honestly South did not play well vs CAL. But as I've said on other threads, that was a very young team out there. At one time on offense 6-7 players were sophomores. But South didn't quit and played much better the second half. I think CAL's coaches had the better game plan and the players executed it beautifully. South did make some adjustments in the second half and played better. I believe South will bounce back at home and pull out a close one. Souths coaches are very good and will make the necessary adjustments and be better prepared for this one. Yes Doss is very good and has some excellent athletes. They will be fired up and ready to go. Expect a great game from both sides.

Bobcat,

I have respect for the South program and know they have an excellent team as we witnessed in getting to the finals of the CHardin 7v7 recently. They have chosen to play tough teams and I applaud them for it and it will make them better IMO. I am concerned for South's OLine and DBs vs Doss. If these areas are positive for South, then I think you have a shot; if not then I think Doss wins by a couple TDs. BUT South really hasn't "broken out" yet this season and High School football is about big momentum swings. Players, coaches and fans feel it. This could be big for South playing at home! I think it will need to be. Best of luck as always!!!

Surprised that Highlands isn't somewhere in the Top 10.. They've had a couple of subpar teams for there standards, but, I'd still be surprised if they aren't one of the best 10 once the dust settles..

 

MHS,

Who would you bump out?

Surprised that Highlands isn't somewhere in the Top 10.. They've had a couple of subpar teams for there standards, but, I'd still be surprised if they aren't one of the best 10 once the dust settles..

 

They face a tougher opponent this week. If they beat Campbell County, that will be a good add to their resume. Then they play Scott County. Highlands can get into the top 10 quickly if they show on the field over the next two weeks that they belong there.

Not sure Southwestern is top 10 right now but I don't know who I would put in their place. They have tons of upside and have some very good talent but they also have a couple of spots that must improve a lot to make a deep run.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.