Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/Cooper Predictions

Who do you think wins this game? 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Certainly not much talk on here about this game. Did not make the HHS scrimmage this past Friday. I was told that the D-Line played well all things considered, O-line struggled a little which resulted in little to no running game. Heard that Highlands looked to stretch the field several times and that St. X simply just grabbed the receiver to take the 15 yard penalty rather than give up a potential long gainer or possible touchdown. Hearing that several guys will be seeing action on both sides of the ball this year at times, just do not understand why it took three plus years to figure out.

 

Grady Cramer did not dress, anyone?????

 

Interested to hear what others closer to both programs might be able to offer up.

Very interesting take and I like it. It used to be programs like Cooper would be put down by many in here for playing some both ways and the criticism would come from some Highlands fans. I'm glad that some are realizing that even if you have the numbers it's sometimes, most of the times, best to play your better players if you want a chance to get a W.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting take and I like it. It used to be programs like Cooper would be put down by many in here for playing some both ways and the criticism would come from some Highlands fans. I'm glad that some are realizing that even if you have the numbers it's sometimes, most of the times, best to play your better players if you want a chance to get a W.

 

I agree HB, but I will also add, every team would love to platoon if they have the horses to do so. Cooper has not had that luxury, and everyone kills them for it, but the numbers just aren't there to do so. I don't know of any team that has a roster of 50 that platoons. Trust me when I say this, Cooper would love to platoon, but just haven't had the numbers to do so. They put the best product on the field to help them win games and it has worked up to this point. The enrollment is still low, and that is the equivalent to the numbers. Think of it this way, Cooper sits at about 1300 with roughly 55 kids on the roster. Ryle has over 1800. The math part of that tells me that would add roughly 18ish kids to Cooper's roster if they had that enrollment which would push them to 73-77 kids give or take. You have to have the Jimmies and Joes before you put 22 different kids on the field. Cooper is building a really solid program, just not yet to the point where they can platoon.

 

Now, as far as the game. Highlands does some things that will give Cooper fits, but the same can be said for what Cooper does. We saw last year how both offenses faired. While I wouldn't expect 52-42 again, this is a game that will be decided by turnovers and tackling, in my opinion. If Cooper can limit their turnovers I think they have a really good shot in this one. Defensively, Cooper cannot let #9 run wild, or it will be a long night.

Cramer cleared to play from what I hear.

Is Spencer going to be able to play for Cooper in this game?

Cramer cleared to play from what I hear.

 

I sure hope this is true!!!!

I agree HB, but I will also add, every team would love to platoon if they have the horses to do so. Cooper has not had that luxury, and everyone kills them for it, but the numbers just aren't there to do so. I don't know of any team that has a roster of 50 that platoons. Trust me when I say this, Cooper would love to platoon, but just haven't had the numbers to do so. They put the best product on the field to help them win games and it has worked up to this point. The enrollment is still low, and that is the equivalent to the numbers. Think of it this way, Cooper sits at about 1300 with roughly 55 kids on the roster. Ryle has over 1800. The math part of that tells me that would add roughly 18ish kids to Cooper's roster if they had that enrollment which would push them to 73-77 kids give or take. You have to have the Jimmies and Joes before you put 22 different kids on the field. Cooper is building a really solid program, just not yet to the point where they can platoon.

 

Now, as far as the game. Highlands does some things that will give Cooper fits, but the same can be said for what Cooper does. We saw last year how both offenses faired. While I wouldn't expect 52-42 again, this is a game that will be decided by turnovers and tackling, in my opinion. If Cooper can limit their turnovers I think they have a really good shot in this one. Defensively, Cooper cannot let #9 run wild, or it will be a long night.

 

I hear lots of development as far as housing coming Coopers way.

I hear lots of development as far as housing coming Coopers way.

 

Yes sir, it is estimated Cooper will be over 1800 kids by 2020, hope this is true!

Yes sir, it is estimated Cooper will be over 1800 kids by 2020, hope this is true!

 

As long as they dont build another school and split Ryle and Cooper... Then we will all be 4 or 5a. Easier than have to beat Trinity, St x or Male..

I hear lots of development as far as housing coming Coopers way.

 

Every available plot of land in the vicinity of the school is under development.....it's crazy.

Every available plot of land in the vicinity of the school is under development.....it's crazy.

 

Might have something to do with who is currently living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Might have something to do with who is currently living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

 

Uh oh. Please no one respond to this clickbait. Let's keep the thread open and focused on the football game.

Uh oh. Please no one respond to this clickbait. Let's keep the thread open and focused on the football game.

 

That almost sounds political. Can't be, because that is a big no no

That almost sounds political. Can't be, because that is a big no no

 

Exactly. That's why I told everyone to stay away from it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.