Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Much Time Do You Spend on Your Cell Phone Each Day?

Featured Replies

How much time each day do you spend talking , texting, tweeting , whatever else you do on your phone? I'll post some stats a little later in the thread so you can see how you compare to your fellow Americans.

 

 

Btw, I downgraded awhile back from a smartphone to just a plain old flip phone. I'd say maybe 15 minutes/ day for me.

Yeesh. A lot. I check email and read BGP and scroll through Twitter during downtime at work or while I'm watching TV at night. Couldn't begin to guess how much actual time.

I'd guess about 2-3 hours a day. If listening to music on it counts the number is much higher, as if I'm not watching TV I have the old Spotify Machine running.

Way too freaking much.

Yeesh. A lot. I check email and read BGP and scroll through Twitter during downtime at work or while I'm watching TV at night. Couldn't begin to guess how much actual time.

 

Same. Too much. The worst is it's almost a reflexive habit. I often reach for my phone without even thinking about wanting to. I've been trying to leave it at home or in another room more often, but I don't always.

  • Author

I heard on the radio the other day that non-smartphone users like me average about 19 minutes a day.

I'm just glad I didn't have a smart phone when I was working.

 

Former employer now has apps that all managers have on their phone to "Help" them do their job. They can pull up any report, inventory levels, Profit statements and even edit and approve schedules on their phones. Of course when you see one walking around on their phone you have to assume they are doing something meaningful for work and not just goofing around on line.

  • Author

According to comScore’s 2017 Cross Platform Future in Focus report, the average American adult (18+) spends 2 hours, 51 minutes on their smartphone every day.

I have a smartphone, but could have easily stayed with a basic phone. I probably on average use my cell about 10 minutes a day with the rare occurrence of a phone call once in a great while.

 

My main reason for having it is in case of an emergency when out, like car troubles or something.

 

Because my phone isn't always on my mind, I have at times been out and back home before I realize that I didn't even have it with me. If I start my car and it dawns on me that I left it in the house, I will go back in and get it considering my reason for having it in the first place.

 

I probably routinely only get texts from about 5 or 6 people, but that's not even everyday.

 

Living alone with no kids, and being retired with no real close younger associations, my phone isn't blowing up all the time, and that's exactly the way I like it. I want to control it, and not have it control me.

  • Author

eMarketer also released a study in 2016 that gives a significantly different answer. Their mobile research report shows total time spent by mobile users as 4 hours, 5 minutes per day.

 

Their study does also include tablet users, and only includes active mobile device users, both of which could account for the more-than-hour per day difference.

 

The study leaves room for potential overlap between users who might multi-task between a smartphone and tablet, too. Even though tablet usage accounts for roughly 15% of total mobile time, tablet users could still skew the numbers.

I use my phone as a computer. I probably avg less than 5 calls a week. I text less than 100 times a month. But I do all my internet surfing, youtubing, email, banking, apps, etc so I am probably over 3 hours a day.

As little as absolutely possible.

 

Many (good) days - not at all.

Way too much. I use it as my internet and I have to check emails a lot through the day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.