Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Songs written about/for, spouse, girlfriend, etc.....

Featured Replies

Looking for songs that were written for, or about, a particular person such as a spouse, girlfriend, friend, sibling, etc.....

 

Journey keyboard player Jonathan Cain wrote 1983's, "Faithfully" for his wife Tane (her father was actor Doug McClure) about the challenges of being a married man on the road in a rock band.

 

[video=youtube;OMD8hBsA-RI]

  • Replies 73
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Annie's Song"-John Denver

"Oh, Carol"-Neil Sedaka

"Donna"-Richie Valens

"Suite:Judy Blue Eyes"-Crosby, Stills, and Nash

"Rosanna"-Toto

  • Author

This song was written by Kip Winger about his current and second wife, Paula. His first wife, Beatrice, died in 1996 single car accident when she lost control of her car on black ice.

 

 

I didn't know when I said hello

what my life with you'd become

I didn't know and I never really understand it

But every time I see into your eyes

I see the reasons

That I'll always come back,come back to you

 

Like the air that I breath

Like the land and the sea

Like the hope like the need

Your always within me

 

I didn't know in the time together

my heart would begin to mend

I didn't know that i'd fall in love again and again

I carry you with every step I take

You are the one

 

Like the air that I breath

Like the land and the sea

Like the hope like the need

Your always within me

 

Like the blood in my veins

Like the fire, like the rain

Like the air that I breath

Your always within me

 

And as long as your heart is willing

And as long as the sun will shine

I will always stand by your side

 

Like the air that I breath

Like the land and the sea

Like the hope like the need

Your always within me

 

Like the blood in my veins

Like the fire, like the rain

Like the air that I breath

Your always within me

Your always within me

 

Like the air that I breath

Like the land and the sea

Like the hope like the need

Your always within me

  • Author

This is about his son Conor, who on March 20, 1991, died after falling from the 53rd-floor window of his mother's friend's New York City apartment.

 

I understand that "Lady In Red" was written for his wife.

Ode to Billy Joe. Just heard it on my way home.

We're talking a pretty broad spectrum here that encompasses about 98 percent of all songs recorded in R'n'R history. About 99.5 percent when we go to the R'n'B chart.

 

Led Zeppelin's Mordor and LOTR songs don't really move the needle much.

  • Author
I understand that "Lady In Red" was written for his wife.

 

The song was written by Chris de Burgh in reference to (though not specifically about) his wife Diane and was released on the album Into the Light. On the British TV series This Is Your Life, de Burgh said that the song was inspired by the memory of when he first saw Diane, and how men so often cannot even remember what their wives were wearing when they first met.

  • Author
We're talking a pretty broad spectrum here that encompasses about 98 percent of all songs recorded in R'n'R history. About 99.5 percent when we go to the R'n'B chart.

 

Led Zeppelin's Mordor and LOTR songs don't really move the needle much.

 

I'm looking for songs that were specifically written for that "special someone"......like "Faithfully", "Tears in Heaven", etc.

I'm looking for songs that were specifically written for that "special someone"......like "Faithfully", "Tears in Heaven", etc.

 

I get where both you and @Jim Schue are coming from because I initially thought OMG! my OCD will still be at it long after I'm dead, and I'm thinking that you're saying post something if you indeed can offer the story behind the song if an artist ever divulged these such specifics.

 

That, I suppose, can help narrow it down considering this information probably isn't available for 98% (or 99.5%) of the all songs ever written, but there again I shudder to think of the hours of research that I'll be investing if I begin to take a bite out of this one....

 

...but at the risk of having me get all juiced up into this one and post 1000 songs in the next couple of days, for whatever reason the very first song that came to mind was....

 

This is the song from 1985 that Fish (British band Marillion's first vocalist) wrote about his breakup with his girlfriend at the time whose name was Kay Lee, so he called the song "Kayleigh"...

 

There's really no way for me to hear the song "Kayleigh" without also hearing this song "Lavender" that followed it on one of my all time favorite albums "Misplaced Childhood"... because it bled right into it, and the emotions of both songs are inseparable.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iueSH5dHi48

Crazy on You, Heart. Ann was crazy on the band's guitarist who had recently taken off to Canada to avoid the draft.

Landslide, Fleetwood Mac. Stevie Nicks on Lindsey Buckingham.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.