My fellow conservatives.

Hold on a minute ... did you really just judge the greatness of this country based on what Hillary Clinton said? I may be a Democrat ... but lets call it what it is ... one of the dumber things she has ever said (I trust you that she said it ... even though I have never seen it).

The only thing worse is that you are willing to come onto the internet and act like that is some kind of talking point against Democrats.

Here is how it is really done: one of the reasons why America is great ... is the way that GW Bush rallied this country together after 9/11. See there? I am not even a freaking republican ... and I can come up with something that speaks to our greatness ... led by a politician from a different party. I didn't need to dwell on the negative to do it either. (Which is another reason why America is great!)

Is that really all Republicans have left? If that is truly what you think ... and more importantly .. you are willing to put that on the internet to be preserved for eternity ... good grief the right has completely lost all perception of reality.

I have never seen a group of people who refuse to address the reality of today more than the group of people who support this President.

Hillary?

You mean the former first lady that lost the election?

The ones that republicans bring up whenever they can't explain why their President constantly lies and insults people (including members of his own party and cabinet?).

Here is a hint ... you WON!

It's time that republicans quit whining about the person that they beat .. and get something done.

But most importantly ... it is time that republicans hold their President up to the same standard that they hold the LOSER of the election to.

I think it is time that anyone who supports this President ... looks up the word accountability. You WON the election ... yet you continue to talk about the loser. More fake news to distract America from the fact that Republicans are complete hypocrites.

Not judging on Mrs. Clinton at all, Mrs. Obama said that for the first time in her life she was proud of America after electing her husband President. If we are so great why had she never been proud of us before that one election?

PS: I didn't win anything, I voted just like millions of others...I don't see it as a competition.

I thought our former first lady said she'd never been proud of America until we elected her husband president, how great are we really if the former FLOTUS could have never been proud of the country?

Do you understand where that comment came from? Do you understand the phrase came from an ethnic perspective that had never been included in that house on Pennsylvania Avenue before? Agree with it or not can you not see the voice of many who thought they'd never leave to see that possibility of inclusion?

Do you understand where that comment came from? Do you understand the phrase came from an ethnic perspective that had never been included in that house on Pennsylvania Avenue before? Agree with it or not can you not see the voice of many who thought they'd never leave to see that possibility of inclusion?

I understand what you are saying, but she never explained it away like that.

The ability to advance and be in that position to begin with should have made her proud of her country. The educational opportunities afford to her and all Americans should have made her proud of her country. She had plenty that she could and should have been proud of in our country especially seeing the changes over the last 60 years, yet she was only proud once he was elected...made me feel like she would have said some very disturbing things if he had lost that election.

• Haha 1

Not judging on Mrs. Clinton at all, Mrs. Obama said that for the first time in her life she was proud of America after electing her husband President. If we are so great why had she never been proud of us before that one election?

PS: I didn't win anything, I voted just like millions of others...I don't see it as a competition.

I appreciate the lesson .... I am so used to the right complaining about Hillary ... I assumed I had a clue. My fault ... my apologies. (Thats a real apology).

With that said ... I think it pretty freaking sad that she was that surprised that her husband won. And it speaks volumes about the disconnect that Republicans refuse to acknowledge.

I think Mrs. Obama probably saw the world from a much different perspective than I do. I think people of color (especially her husband ... who was the target of more racial crap than anyone I can ever remember hearing about in my life time of 40+ years) are generally still surprised when huge socio-political breakthroughs are made.

With that said ... I think it is something that she probably should have put a ton more of thought into before saying (or made sure she explained it ... which you say above had not been done ... but if she did not so much of a big deal ... if she didn't I think its a wreckless statement).

For the record ... the Presidential election ... (and every other election) IS a competition whether you see it that way or not. There is a winner and a loser. Your willingness to point out statements made by our former first lady makes it hard for me to believe that you see it differently.

Are you or are you not a Trump supporter (again ... my apologies for assuming--but based on your previous comments ... I thought it was a safe bet).

What I won't apologize for ... is pointing out the complete lack of accountability for President -- and the fact that Republicans constantly point out people like Hillary ... or in this case Mrs. Obama and the things that they say and do.

You are more than willing to crucify Hillary ... and in this case Mrs. Obama ... but you won't call out a President who constantly degrades women, men, black, white, democrat, republican. Again .. it doesn't get more hypocritical than that.

By always pointing to someone else .. or something else when the President is called out for his lies, behavior towards women/other human beings, etc ... it proves that either republicans think they are above the basic rules of treating others how they want to be treated ... or they just flat out don't care about the opinions of anyone other than themselves.

For me ... if this President would say something along the lines of "I have said and done some really stupid things ... I have treated people badly ... I was wrong" ... I would immediately shift my mind back into neutral ... and would keep an open mind. And you know what ... a ton of Americans would do the same thing (I truly believe that American people have an innate ability to give 2nd chances that others can't or won't do).

What I am not going to do ... is make a personal choice to follow (or support anyone who follows) a leader who lies constantly, blames his shortcomings on others, treats women like complete crap, alienates minorities, whines and complains about the person he BEAT in the election.

How can you guys support that? Seriously?

I will end with this ... regardless of what Hillary ... or Michelle Obama or anyone else says ... (coming from someone who works in really big business and has traveled extensively) ... America is the gold standard. Having a President (and supporters) who campaigned on "Make America Great Again" makes me wonder what in the freaking world are you guys talking about ... and thinking about? If America was so freaking horrible ... you guys are the ones who should have left ... or at least ... jumped into that imaginary swamp you guys keep talking about.

Of course America can be better ... but it is an absolute joke and INSULT to this country for people to listen to any politician and his followers talking about making this country great again (more proof that our President and his sheep are out of touch with reality ... all they had to do is make the slogan "Make America BETTER").

That probably makes a little too much sense for the right side to make heads or tails out of.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
Edited due to R8 R2

I understand what you are saying, but she never explained it away like that.

The ability to advance and be in that position to begin with should have made her proud of her country. The educational opportunities afford to her and all Americans should have made her proud of her country. She had plenty that she could and should have been proud of in our country especially seeing the changes over the last 60 years, yet she was only proud once he was elected...made me feel like she would have said some very disturbing things if he had lost that election.

To be honest if she has to explain it, it's probably not intended for the listener who is confused.

• Like 1

To be honest if she has to explain it, it's probably not intended for the listener who is confused.

I wasn't confused, I just think she was being disingenuous. There are many things that have happened that she could and should have been proud of America for, prior to winning that election.

• Haha 1

I wasn't confused, I just think she was being disingenuous. There are many things that have happened that she could and should have been proud of America for, prior to winning that election.

I can't believe I'm defending her but I heard similar sentiments at that time from similar ethnic heritage. Why it's a big deal is beyond me.

• Like 1