Jeff Horn defeats Manny Pacquiao

I scored it 115-113 for Manny, it could have even been 116-112. When I heard the first judge's 117-111, then the other two at 115-113, I thought I had it right. Boxing really needs to hold the judges accountable, transparency is a must if they want to start cleaning up the sport.

I think YOU did have it right!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If the fight was scored off punch stats then Manny would have won easily, but it is scored with each round independently being scored. Looking at it that way, it is much easier to see how Horn could have won. If no real damage is done by either fighter then judges will normally lean towards the more aggressive fighter when scoring a round, that's where Horn had the edge in most rounds.

WBO had 5 independent Judges from different countries score the fight after protest and 3 of the 5 had Horn winning, 1 had Manny and 1 had a draw.

I re-watched the fight without listening to Teddy Atlas telling me how great Manny Pacquiao was over and over and it was a much closer fight than I originally thought. The announcers definitely sway how you see at a fight if they ohh and ahh every time one fighter lands a punch and talk over when another fighter lands a punch. With the sound off, it looked much closer than it sounded listening to the announcers.

If the fight was scored off punch stats then Manny would have won easily, but it is scored with each round independently being scored. Looking at it that way, it is much easier to see how Horn could have won. If no real damage is done by either fighter then judges will normally lean towards the more aggressive fighter when scoring a round, that's where Horn had the edge in most rounds.

WBO had 5 independent Judges from different countries score the fight after protest and 3 of the 5 had Horn winning, 1 had Manny and 1 had a draw.

I re-watched the fight without listening to Teddy Atlas telling me how great Manny Pacquiao was over and over and it was a much closer fight than I originally thought. The announcers definitely sway how you see at a fight if they ohh and ahh every time one fighter lands a punch and talk over when another fighter lands a punch. With the sound off, it looked much closer than it sounded listening to the announcers.

I don't pay attention to the announcers. Manny won...