Mohamed Bamba's brother alleges NCAA violations.

I don't really know the details. I just hate how a school can be punished for playing a player who was cleared at the time that later becomes uncleared. To me if the NCAA says a player is cleared than the school should be able to play them without worry of any retroactive punishment if he / she is later found to be ineligible. IMO, a school has to accept the NCAA decisions on eligiblity so if the NCAA says they are eligible why punish a school for playing a kid that they were told is eligible. If something changes than sit them from that point forward. It would be like your employeer changing policy and then punishing you for not following the new policy in your past actions.

I agree somewhat. I just think the Derrick Rose evidence came out after he was drafted.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree somewhat. I just think the Derrick Rose evidence came out after he was drafted.

I could be wrong but I thought there were red flags. Then he was cleared for the season, only to be disqualified after new evidence post season.

I could be wrong but I thought there were red flags. Then he was cleared for the season, only to be disqualified after new evidence post season.

That's how I remember it. Red flags but no hard evidence. Eligible. New evidence emerged later. Disqualification kicked in.

• 2 months later...

In Bamba's case the NCAA made it clear that they investigated what he received and in their words, "after evaluating all available information, the NCAA determined that the assistance Greer Love provides to Mohammed Bamba does not violate NCAA rules. Bamba remains certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center."

After reading through this thread, this paragraph from an earlier post is the most interesting in the thread to me. Does this mean the NCAA saw payments to Bamba and since no school was involved there was no violation?

After reading through this thread, this paragraph from an earlier post is the most interesting in the thread to me. Does this mean the NCAA saw payments to Bamba and since no school was involved there was no violation?

From what I understand, Greer Love is concidered a legal guardian/mentor.

In NCAA eyes they are family. At least that is my understanding of it.