Big Brother Season 19

At the end of the day, yes it was enough. Paul giving them some truth on the way out would have minimized the bitterness. Instead he kept lying and opened the door that Josh walked right through. All he had to do was sell Alex or Jason that he was torn between the two pairs, and that he best chance to win was getting them out. He failed and it cost him. That's the deal...

I'm not a fan of Paul and agree on just about every part of your post. I still think he played a much better game. He controlled the entire house for 92 days. Josh didn't even start playing the game until Jason left.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is like Russell Hantz all over again. I will never understand being bitter. I'm sure people get bitter with Bill Belichick for simply being a better coach than the rest of league and kicking everyone's butt for 20 years. But does anyone out there honestly think he isn't the best coach in football? No! At the end of the day I understand disliking someone because they kick your butt. I will never understand not respecting someone who beats you over and over again.

Because you dislike Paul or because you really like Josh? Disliking Paul I can understand.

Both. Josh doesn’t get enough credit for his role in the game. He did a lot of Paul’s dirty work, especially with Jessica, Cody, and Mark. He’s smarter than he let on and deserves more credit than he’ll get.

I don’t necessarily dislike Paul because of his game play, I just don’t like him. While he played a great game he had ZERO jury control, and at the end of the day, that’s what wins the game.

This is like Russell Hantz all over again. I will never understand being bitter. I'm sure people get bitter with Bill Belichick for simply being a better coach than the rest of league and kicking everyone's butt for 20 years. But does anyone out there honestly think he isn't the best coach in football? No! At the end of the day I understand disliking someone because they kick your butt. I will never understand not respecting someone who beats you over and over again.

You ever had someone that you considered a friend betray your trust to the level it likely cost you a couple hundred thousand dollars? A girl you liked that didn't give you the time of day over a guy you knew was a turd?

The game is a social experiment. Paul played an incredible game in back to back seasons, and for very different reasons finished one vote short both times. He never made his "victims" walk out the door feeling he did right by them this time. It cost him 450K. I'd have voted for him watching from the outside. From the inside he blew it again...

And it is easy to forget the game is often all about who wins late and shapes what the final 2 looks like. If Alex and Jason win late, they force Paul's hand and he has to abandon Josh and Christmas. Josh was all over it in the final 3 weeks, and that very likely won him the game. No problem saying he did what he needed to do to win, and got the votes to cash the check...

You ever had someone that you considered a friend betray your trust to the level it likely cost you a couple hundred thousand dollars? A girl you liked that didn't give you the time of day over a guy you knew was a turd?

The game is a social experiment. Paul played an incredible game in back to back seasons, and for very different reasons finished one vote short both times. He never made his "victims" walk out the door feeling he did right by them this time. It cost him 450K. I'd have voted for him watching from the outside. From the inside he blew it again...

We'll never know what it's like to actually play BB and I have to consider that. But from the outside looking in nobody ever stood a chance against that guy. Paul did not cost Alex $500,000. Alex cost herself $500,000 by not playing the game boldly enough.

And it is easy to forget the game is often all about who wins late and shapes what the final 2 looks like. If Alex and Jason win late, they force Paul's hand and he has to abandon Josh and Christmas. Josh was all over it in the final 3 weeks, and that very likely won him the game. No problem saying he did what he needed to do to win, and got the votes to cash the check...

Josh's move with the goodbye messages was absolutely brilliant. It single handedly won him the game whether I agree with it or not. He was at least smart enough to realize that once you plant that seed in the jury house that Paul played everyone and hedged his bets that Paul would still fall on the sword by acting like he was best friends with everyone still. It worked. Bravo. It's not the game I would have preferred to have seen. I want to see the person who controlled the game win. Paul controlled the game. Josh controlled the jury.

Part of the game and what I consider the beauty of games like BB and Survivor. You actively help destroy the dreams of the people you want to make your dreams come true. We'll never know but had Paul acted a little contrite last night and owned his game maybe he would have swayed 1 voter.

Josh using the goodbye messages the way he did probably changed the game. In the future I'm sure players will now use them to convey whatever information they want, true or false. They have been weaponized. Paul knew he was in trouble as soon as he saw them. It was 1 aspect he couldn't control and that he totally over looked.

It was funny to me that Paul called Josh cowardly for his goodbye messages, but Paul continued to lie to the jurors up until and through the very end. Had he fallen in his sword, he probably would have won.

I think when Paul did that he knew he was in trouble. He seemed stunned by it which was funny to watch, like he realized he had been out smarted by Josh.