• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, last one, while the other two (70's and 80's are brewing):

Only 4 (edit) players have made 5 or more All Star games in consecutive decades....name the 4 players.

Kareem

Doc

2 of them?

Doc was an All-Star from 71-72 season through the 86-87 season, it's just the first 5 were in the ABA. So Dr J was a 5 time All-Star in back to back decades. I guess we can give him an * since 5 were ABA :lol2:

Doc was an All-Star from 71-72 season through the 86-87 season, it's just the first 5 were in the ABA. So Dr J was a 5 time All-Star in back to back decades. I guess we can give him an * since 5 were ABA :lol2:

I was unsure when the merger took place. I'll take a "Well done* Youngblood!" and be on my way.

@Clyde got the 10 for 10 guy in the 1970's via text -- Elvin Hayes. Not in a million years would I have nailed that one.

MTGL told me who the players were who had at least 5 AS games in the 70s. One was Clyde Frazier. That made me think of Earl the Pearl who used to play for the Bullets which led me to think of Elvin Hayes and his beautiful turnaround bank shot.

Kobe and Lebron have the records for the youngest players to reach these milestones....what player(s) did it in the fewest games?

* 10,000 Points - LeBron James (23 Years, 59 days) on February 27, 2008

* 15,000 Points - Kobe Bryant (27 Years, 136 days)

* 20,000 Points - Kobe Bryant (29 Years, 122 days) on December 23, 2007

Fewest games to 10K?

Fewest games to 15K?

Fewest games to 20K?

In the Astrodome as the Houston Cougars beat the Bruins ending their 47 game winning streak. Kareem and the boys still won the title later that year.

January 20, 1968. The game that brought college basketball to the masses.

The Big E with 39 points in a 71-69 win. Two months later, UCLA wins the rematch 101-69 in the National Semifinals.

I watched both games as a lad of 8 years.

Kobe and Lebron have the records for the youngest players to reach these milestones....what player(s) did it in the fewest games?

* 10,000 Points - LeBron James (23 Years, 59 days) on February 27, 2008

* 15,000 Points - Kobe Bryant (27 Years, 136 days)

* 20,000 Points - Kobe Bryant (29 Years, 122 days) on December 23, 2007

Fewest games to 10K?

Fewest games to 15K?

Fewest games to 20K?

Wilt?

New Question(s)

Try without research:

a) Three Hall of Famers: Career double digit PPG and RPG, with the rebounding higher than points.

b) Two additional HoFers: Double digit career RPG, higher than single digit PPG.

Who are they?

Edited by Runcible Owl

New Question(s)

Try without research:

a) Three Hall of Famers: Career double digit PPG and RPG, with the rebounding higher than points.

b) Two additional HoFers: Double digit career RPG, higher than single digit PPG.

Who are they?

Bill Russell and Nate Thurmond are two of the a) answers.