US Open at Erin Hills in Wisconsin

I might have rushed to judgement on this course too fast. At first glance when the Golf Channel was going over some of the quirks and so forth I was afraid it would be another Chambers Bay, which imo was awful.
I think the biggest problem with Chambers Bay was the color of the course. If the greens and fairways were green I think everyone would have a much better perception of Chambers. The course actually was in great shape at Chambers it just didn't look like it after they tried so hard to firm it up.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like seeing new coursed mixed in, although I think Erin Hills was too soon after Chambers Bay.

I don't. I would be fine with seeing just Pebble, Bethpage, Merion, Oakmont, Torrey, Shinnecock, and Winged Foot. That's enough variety where you don't get bored seeing it.

I don't. I would be fine with seeing just Pebble, Bethpage, Merion, Oakmont, Torrey, Shinnecock, and Winged Foot. That's enough variety where you don't get bored seeing it.

If there was a strict rotation, you probably wouldn't have seen Bethpage host an Open. I think adding a new course once every 7 or 8 years keeps things fresh and allows us to see different types of courses.

If there was a strict rotation, you probably wouldn't have seen Bethpage host an Open. I think adding a new course once every 7 or 8 years keeps things fresh and allows us to see different types of courses.
Fair enough, but I'm just not sure I want to see another Erin Hills. I want to see these guys challenged.

Besides being a great golfer, he's strong as an ox. His physique looks like it's been chiseled out of granite.

I can't imagine how anyone can hit a 9 iron 185 yards.

I think they said on the telecast that he's kind of a Dustin Johnson clone.