Kentucky High School Football Helmets: J- thru L-

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LLOYD MEMORIAL JUGGERNAUTS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61907[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]61908[/ATTACH]

When Rudy Tassini was at Lloyd, they looked like the Steelers. When Coach Lucas took over , they looked like the Pitt Panthers.Both coaches had some very good teams.

When Rudy Tassini was at Lloyd, they looked like the Steelers. When Coach Lucas took over , they looked like the Pitt Panthers.Both coaches had some very good teams.

Tassini had some high powered passing attacks for that period. I loved listening to them spell out Lloyd while doing their jumping jacks.

These don't move one a lot one way or the other

Do like the Ludlow Helmet a good bit.

LCA is nice. The old English on the John Hardin is a nice change of pace.

I personally like LaRue, LCA, and Ludlow best from this bunch.

I'm alright with Lloyd's...but that's probably based in the fact that I've always thought the "Juggs" was a cool team nickname.

I think Lex Cath's looks cool up close, but it doesn't translate well from a distance.

LaRue's is the best one of this group overall though...said about as much to Coach Jaggers when he shared it with me.

I think Lex Cath's looks cool up close, but it doesn't translate well from a distance.

In the earliest days of Lexington Catholic football, they had the same logo you see in this thread, only it was blue on a white helmet with a black facemask, just like the Kentucky helmets under Bill Curry. They looked very nice.

In the earliest days of Lexington Catholic football, they had the same logo you see in this thread, only it was blue on a white helmet with a black facemask, just like the Kentucky helmets under Bill Curry. They looked very nice.

Not to sidetrack, but the best UK football look ever were in Curry's last few years. Those white helmets, black masks...the power 'K' in blue and outlined in black just like the stripe going down the middle. Ahhhh...the good ole' days! You said it; LexCath and also Bell County copied their looks right after UK then and on after it seemed for a while (at least the helmet).

Not to sidetrack, but the best UK football look ever were in Curry's last few years. Those white helmets, black masks...the power 'K' in blue and outlined in black just like the stripe going down the middle. Ahhhh...the good ole' days! You said it; LexCath and also Bell County copied their looks right after UK then and on after it seemed for a while (at least the helmet).

+1 on the Power K with black facemask