Woooooo!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What good would it do? You ever try to reason with idiots? I still do it too much on here with certain posters, but I keep telling myself I'm going to quit.

I hear you. At least they would know there are other fans there who think woooo is stupid and don't want to hear it. Or you could be as obnoxious to them as they are to you if the wooo bothers you. If you kept saying something every time they went wooo, at some point they might get irritated just like they are irritating you.

If a fan kept standing up in front of you for no reason and messed with your view of the game, you would probably tell them to sit down at some point. Same thing.

I hear you. At least they would know there are other fans there who think woooo is stupid and don't want to hear it. Or you could be as obnoxious to them as they are to you if the wooo bothers you. If you kept saying something every time they went wooo, at some point they might get irritated just like they are irritating you.

If a fan kept standing up in front of you for no reason and messed with your view of the game, you would probably tell them to sit down at some point. Same thing.

It's not even close to the same thing. Someone acting like an idiot and wooing has no effect on me watching the game. Also being obnoxious to them would probably just make matters worse. When I go to the games it's usually with my wife and kids, and being obnoxious to someone just because they're an idiot is not the example I want to set for my kids, and it would probably lead to some sort of altercation. Again, not something I want my kids to see.

It's annoying but not to the degree of confrontation. They paid their money like everyone else so as long as they aren't disruptive, it's all good.

To me, it's no different than the 4 young ladies in back of me 2 weeks ago who very loudly professed their undying love for Joey Votto every time he came to the plate. The more beer they drank, they more love they had for him. Talk about annoying!

It's not even close to the same thing. Someone acting like an idiot and wooing has no effect on me watching the game. Also being obnoxious to them would probably just make matters worse. When I go to the games it's usually with my wife and kids, and being obnoxious to someone just because they're an idiot is not the example I want to set for my kids, and it would probably lead to some sort of altercation. Again, not something I want my kids to see.

Good points.

The one difference is for you the standing fan isn't close. For me it is. The woooo bugs me so much I might leave the game if it gets going. I usually turn the volume off on the TV when I am watching the game and the wooos start. They bug almost as much as vuvuzelas did.

Good points.

The one difference is for you the standing fan isn't close. For me it is. The woooo bugs me so much I might leave the game if it gets going. I usually turn the volume off on the TV when I am watching the game and the wooos start. They bug almost as much as vuvuzelas did.

While I hate the woo, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as having the idiot behind you that thinks they know everything about the game, but after listening to them for about 5 seconds you clearly realize they don't know squat. And they don't shut up the whole game.

Took my wife and son to the orioles game the first night they were in town. I can't remember hearing a woooooo!!! At all. I only make three games a year at most so maybe I don't pay that much attention. Although I must say, if I was with or near someone that was Woooooo!!!!ing I'd be slightly embarrassed. Especially if it was after just a normal pitch.

While I hate the woo, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as having the idiot behind you that thinks they know everything about the game, but after listening to them for about 5 seconds you clearly realize they don't know squat. And they don't shut up the whole game.

So you're bothered by about half of those in attendance, correct?

Took my wife and son to the orioles game the first night they were in town. I can't remember hearing a woooooo!!! At all. I only make three games a year at most so maybe I don't pay that much attention. Although I must say, if I was with or near someone that was Woooooo!!!!ing I'd be slightly embarrassed. Especially if it was after just a normal pitch.

Did you stay for the whole game? The woooos usually happen late in the game, eighth and ninth innings. And they don't really happen after a pitch, a hit or have anything to do with what is happening in the game. It is just people going wooooo. They just start going woooo regardless of what is happening on the field.