Stay Classy Fenway

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inexcusable behavior. Hopefully anyone that sites that is banned for life. The Red Sox organization apologized to Adam Jonesb today. The Fenway crowd have him a standing ovation on his first at bat tonight and he tipped his cap back in response.

Adam Jones gets a standing ovation at Fenway

Pretty cool response. Sale stopped off the rubber, too.

The Red Sox have issued an apology to Adam Jones, after the Baltimore Orioles outfielder said fans taunted him with racial slurs at Fenway Park on Monday night.

“The Red Sox want to publicly apologize to Adam Jones and the entire Orioles organization for what occurred at Fenway Park Monday night. No player should have an object thrown at him on the playing field, nor be subjected to any kind of racism at Fenway Park,” Red Sox President Sam Kennedy said in a statement. “The Red Sox have zero tolerance for such inexcusable behavior, and our entire organization and our fans are sickened by the conduct of an ignorant few.”

The statement continued: “Such conduct should be reported immediately to Red Sox security, and any spectator behaving in this manner forfeits his/her right to remain in the ballpark, and may be subject to further action. Our review of last night’s events is ongoing.”

Because of a couple idiot fans, Betts should not re-sign? Really? You could find a couple of idiot fans like that rooting for every team.

Other black players are saying this is "normal" behavior in Fenway. Not sure it's just one person.

There aren't enough black players in the MLB and Adam Jones is one of the best ambassadors for the game.

Other black players are saying this is "normal" behavior in Fenway. Not sure it's just one person.

There aren't enough black players in the MLB and Adam Jones is one of the best ambassadors for the game.

Nobody said it was one fan...it clearly was not...but it was not that many people either...just a few idiots. I think Boston has done a great job the past few days to show that the few idiots that did this do not represent the entire city.

They were also permanently banned from Fenway Park.

I saw that. Not sure how they're going to enforce it though.

Yeah that seems impossible.

I was also wondering how they can enforce that. If I did something at a Reds game and got banned, how would they ever be able to tell if I came back. Do they have facial recognition cameras at the stadiums?