Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Towles gives TE a try at Bengals workout

Featured Replies

The Cincinnati Bengals hosted a workout for local prospects on Tuesday, and former Highlands star and Kentucky starting quarterback Patrick Towles was on the premises.

 

Towles, who spent last season leading Boston College to a 7-6 record and victory over Maryland in the Quick Lane Bowl, didn't just show off his arm, either.

 

Former Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles works out for Bengals

  • Author
He's the #25 QB in the draft? That's hard to believe.

 

Hard to believe he is that high or hard to believe he is that low?

Hard to believe he is that high or hard to believe he is that low?

 

I would've thought he'd be ranked a bit higher...but then again, I can't even name 15 college QB's.

He's the #25 QB in the draft? That's hard to believe.

 

Not really imo. As much as I would have loved to see him on a roster in the NFL. His numbers don't suggest he should be. He struggled very much with accuracy in college. He completed only 50 percent of his passes while at UK and had only a 51 completion rate this year at Boston College. That doesn't translate well to the NFL when passing windows are much smaller.

 

He is the typical qb size teams want. However other than that, there is nothing that really helps him out in terms of being ranked better than other qbs.

 

I hope he proves me wrong and he does make a roster somewhere even as a practice squad qb. However I do think he may have a better chance as a te.

Wonder what number QB the guy from the Pats was before he was drafted. He wasn't a top guy but it seems to have turned out well for the fans in Boston.

Wonder what number QB the guy from the Pats was before he was drafted. He wasn't a top guy but it seems to have turned out well for the fans in Boston.

 

Very true. However that guy the Pats drafted had a 20 and 5 record as a starter. And Completed 62% of his passes in college, not just 50%.

 

To put things in perspective. That guy the Pats drafted in the 6th round had only 6 qbs taken before he was drafted. So I would say he was probably rated around the 7th best qb coming out and not near the 19th rated.

 

I get your point, but not the best comparison lol.

Very true. However that guy the Pats drafted had a 20 and 5 record as a starter. And Completed 62% of his passes in college, not just 50%.

 

To put things in perspective. That guy the Pats drafted in the 6th round had only 6 qbs taken before he was drafted. So I would say he was probably rated around the 7th best qb coming out and not near the 19th rated.

 

I get your point, but not the best comparison lol.

 

Funny thing is, I hear the Pats are one of a handful of teams that are interested in Mr. Towles AS A QB.

Funny thing is, I hear the Pats are one of a handful of teams that are interested in Mr. Towles AS A QB.

 

That would be awesome! Even though I have my doubts of him making it in the NFL, just based off his performance in college. I hope he completely proves me wrong and sticks around in the NFL for awhile even if it's just as a practice squad guy.

 

He is a great role model and has always done things the right way, and would be amazing to see him be rewarded for all his hard work and make it in the nfl.

So just saw on ESPN ticker "notable" undrafted players with Towles at top of list. Anyone heard anything?

Funny thing is, I hear the Pats are one of a handful of teams that are interested in Mr. Towles AS A QB.

 

They also had Tebow in camp one summer...they are looking for arms for camp every year.

So just saw on ESPN ticker "notable" undrafted players with Towles at top of list. Anyone heard anything?

 

Nothing yet. Probably sign with a team tomorrow or try out with a team.

Sounds like Pat might be going to a workout with the Texans.

Seen where Pat has a work out scheduled with the Houston Texans

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.