BGP QOTD: What phrase or widely used term do you hate the most?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too ridiculous to even include in this thread. Honestly.

I don't care for "instantaneously" either.

Ah, it's no different than preventative. Simply retarded to add the rest. It's preventive. Yet it's published that way all the time.

"It is what it is".

I vehemently disagree. "It is what it is" is one of my favorite phrases. It beautifully sums up so many situations. It's that feeling of knowing there's nothing you can do to change something so you have no choice but to just step up and deal with it. Man, it is what it is.

There was a guy that got promoted way beyond his abilities with our company a few years ago. He loved to have meetings, the more people the merrier. His word was "Copious" he would use it every meeting or conference call and in has many ways as possible. He used the word copious a copious amount of times...it drove me "literally*" insane.

* that was for gchs_uk9

There was a guy that got promoted way beyond his abilities with our company a few years ago. He loved to have meetings, the more people the merrier. His word was "Copious" he would use it every meeting or conference call and in has many ways as possible. He used the word copious a copious amount of times...it drove me "literally*" insane.

* that was for gchs_uk9

But you've rehabilitated and now you're merely figuratively insane.

The thread is "what phrase do you hate" -- not sure how strenuously you can disagree with me hating it. I'm glad you're all-in on the "It is what it is" deal, I'm just not. :thumb:

You are correct. I must have glossed over that detail causing me to misspeak. My apologies.