Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most persecuted religion in the world is?????

Featured Replies

Not sure on that, I have read stuff both ways and I quit believing the media and politicians, even Trump. He is about to prove he is not much different.

 

Well, I am speaking from personal knowledge.

I see more vocal stuff against Christians than Christian people being vocal. I exclude the homosexual stuff and gay marriage things, thEy aren't trying to take away the traditional things, it's the anti Christian and atheists who are the vocal problems.

 

I don't know. I guess everyone sees things a little differently. I've never had an atheist put me down for not being the "correct" denomination. Heck most Christians can't even agree on many religious things. Most Athiests I know and have encountered don't spend much time trying to convert or save folks. and when they do speak up, there is no shortage of folks telling them how wrong they are. As a Christian, I've got it made in this country. There are multiple churches in every community representing every flavor of Christianity. My money has "In God We Trust", my favorite athletes always drop a thanks to God after every victory, and I get all my important religious holidays off from work. And for heavens sakes, take that "Happy Holidays" and shove it...it's "Merry Christmas".

 

No way do Christians face persecution here in this country.

What point are you trying to make with this? For the sake of argument let's say it is in fact objectively true that Christians are persecuted more than any other religion in the world, what does that mean? Is the persecution of other religions not as important? Is the persecution that some Christians do to others then excused?

  • Author
What point are you trying to make with this? For the sake of argument let's say it is in fact objectively true that Christians are persecuted more than any other religion in the world, what does that mean? Is the persecution of other religions not as important? Is the persecution that some Christians do to others then excused?

 

It is a fact.

 

My point is I post an informative article to discuss. I haven't said anything else about another religion.

I don't think Christians persecute today like people say.

What point are you trying to make with this? For the sake of argument let's say it is in fact objectively true that Christians are persecuted more than any other religion in the world, what does that mean? Is the persecution of other religions not as important? Is the persecution that some Christians do to others then excused?

 

No but we have been absolutely bombarded in recent years over how unfairly certain religions are treated here and I would submit that what may happen here pales in comparison to what is happening to Christians in the Middle East.

No but we have been absolutely bombarded in recent years over how unfairly certain religions are treated here and I would submit that what may happen here pales in comparison to what is happening to Christians in the Middle East.

 

Almost nothing that happens to anyone here regardless of who they are is as bad as the things that happen to people there regardless of who they are. So I'm certainly not going to argue with you on that. That's one of the many things that make being born in the USA a blessing. However, I questioned why this was brought up because I feel it serves no purpose but to attempt to further divide. Further emphasize the differences and add to an "us vs them" mentality.

I don't think Christians persecute today like people say.

 

Then you choose to ignore it.

It is a fact.

 

My point is I post an informative article to discuss. I haven't said anything else about another religion.

I don't think Christians persecute today like people say.

 

Could you elaborate on that statement?

The point that I think has been completely missed is, What is Persecution?

 

Is it saying bad things about a religion or people of a certain faith? Is it mocking others for their faith? Is it killing others for their faith? Exactly how we define persecution will define who is and isn't being persecuted.

Almost nothing that happens to anyone here regardless of who they are is as bad as the things that happen to people there regardless of who they are. So I'm certainly not going to argue with you on that. That's one of the many things that make being born in the USA a blessing. However, I questioned why this was brought up because I feel it serves no purpose but to attempt to further divide. Further emphasize the differences and add to an "us vs them" mentality.

 

 

Agree.

The point that I think has been completely missed is, What is Persecution?

 

Is it saying bad things about a religion or people of a certain faith? Is it mocking others for their faith? Is it killing others for their faith? Exactly how we define persecution will define who is and isn't being persecuted.

 

I believe all the above would be considered persecution by the textbook definition. I'm somewhat paraphrasing, but I believe persecution is considered any ill treatment of or hostility toward a person based on race, political, or religious affiliation.

I believe all the above would be considered persecution by the textbook definition. I'm somewhat paraphrasing, but I believe persecution is considered any ill treatment of or hostility toward a person based on race, political, or religious affiliation.

 

If that's the case we are ALL persecuted in some way or another.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.