Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State Leaving OVC?

Featured Replies

I am hearing that Murray State and Valpo are in the hunt to replace Wichita State in the MVC?

Saw an article that mentioned both of them, along with St. Louis and Belmont as the top four choices. Who knows how accurate that is.

I heard Belmont a couple of weeks ago when it was rumored there could be an open spot.

I heard Belmont a couple of weeks ago when it was rumored there could be an open spot.

 

Belmont reportedly turned down MVC when they left ASUN

I am hearing that Murray State and Valpo are in the hunt to replace Wichita State in the MVC?

 

I wonder if Valpo would be basketball only or if they would start offering football scholarships again?

I wonder if Valpo would be basketball only or if they would start offering football scholarships again?

 

I'm guessing non-scholarship. MVC basketball and football have the same name but not all of the same teams.

I can't see Murray State with the resources or willingness to spend money to make the transition, but maybe I'm wrong.

I wonder if Valpo would be basketball only or if they would start offering football scholarships again?

 

Doubt they would start football scholarships again. VERY expensive. Once a school drops scholarship football they very seldom go back.

Doubt they would start football scholarships again. VERY expensive. Once a school drops scholarship football they very seldom go back.

 

Austin Peay is the only recent example that dropped and then added scholarships.

Austin Peay is the only recent example that dropped and then added scholarships.

 

...and, oddly enough did well once they returned. What was it..07, 08, 09 or right in there when Austin Peay shared the regular season OVC football title? Granted, they've had their share of rough times the last few years, but they went obsolete then bounced backed after getting back in.

 

Ironically enough; I can remember them losing in '03 and '04 to Campbellsville University in football when they were part of the 1-AA non-scholarship, err "D1" as it's sold nowadays.

Would be tragic to see Murray go, in the OVC you have nearby OVC rivals, UT Martin that is 30 minutes away, Austin Peay an hour, SEMO just 1/12 hours or less. The close proximity allow for fans to go to a lot of the road games much as high schools do and that is unique at the college level

Bet those TN schools that voted against NKU for their KY brethren might regret that decision. Doesn't seem like their KY brethren are staying loyal to their conference.

Would be tragic to see Murray go, in the OVC you have nearby OVC rivals, UT Martin that is 30 minutes away, Austin Peay an hour, SEMO just 1/12 hours or less. The close proximity allow for fans to go to a lot of the road games much as high schools do and that is unique at the college level

Also don't forget TSU and Belmont are two hours from Murray.

 

The MVC would have Evansville and SIU in close proximity.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.