Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could UK's guard shortage for 2018 be solved?

Featured Replies

Lot's of speculation for the 2018 recruiting class needing another quality guard to fill the holes left by Monk, Fox, (probably Briscoe), Hawkins and Mulder. That's 5 key players only being replaced by 3 recruits. Just saw that Michael Porter, Jr. has been released by Washington which fired Coach Ramon and probably Michael's father (assistant coach) will be released, also. Anybody got thoughts/insights?

I think his dad is going to Missouri, look for Porter Jr. to follow.

His Dad is going to Missouri, so I'd bet the house on them.

 

Porter Jr. isn't a guard though is he?

I think there's a decent chance Briscoe returns for his junior season.

Honestly, I think Briscoe is stupid to leave, as he is projected late 2nd round or not at all by many draft boards and I think he is a jump shot away from being a late first round/early second. He may think he will never be able to go any higher so he hits the D-League and tries to work his way up? No way I can see him being drafted.

His Dad is going to Missouri, so I'd bet the house on them.

 

Porter Jr. isn't a guard though is he?

 

Yes, I think Porter is a big man, not a guard.

I think there's a decent chance Briscoe returns for his junior season.

 

I agree but that doesn't make me feel better about a guard shortage next year.

I agree but that doesn't make me feel better about a guard shortage next year.

 

With Briscoe back U.K. Will be two deep at both guards spots, hardly a shortage.

I shudder whenever I hear the name Michael Porter and UK in the same sentence.

Honestly, I think Briscoe is stupid to leave, as he is projected late 2nd round or not at all by many draft boards and I think he is a jump shot away from being a late first round/early second. He may think he will never be able to go any higher so he hits the D-League and tries to work his way up? No way I can see him being drafted.

 

 

I agree with you 100%, but how many times do players bolt with just a hint of interest from any team. That is my biggest peeve with young guys leaving in todays game, so many end up in the D league and if they would of just stayed a year or two longer they could of turned into 1st rounders.

Edited by LRCW

I shudder whenever I hear the name Michael Porter and UK in the same sentence.

 

Wasn't he recruited by USC as a defensive back?! :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.