Kentucky High School Football Helmets: A thru Be-

Fun fact for Belfry's helmet:

It seems Belfry has always had the same helmet design and Coach Haywood has been very adamant that Belfry sticks to very traditional red and white jerseys... but Belfry didn't always stick to this look:

This is a game from 1980 where Belfry actually wore red,silver, and white including silver helmets.If I am not mistaken the Belfry "red" used to be closer to a burgundy as well. Maybe 'Tusi can better confirm.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "oversized" logo was just a new thing the last couple years. I'll see if I can find it from 2011-2014.

Another cool part about Adair's helmet is the stripe; you can't see it, but their helmet strip turns into the head of a spear on the front (or maybe back of the helmet)

That sounds like a cool detail. I found this photo on Twitter from the '15 season. It's not the clearest of photos, but from the looks of it, I'm guessing the spear head is in the front.

CSmoQToWwAEss1u.jpg

That sounds like a cool detail. I found this photo on Twitter from the '15 season. It's not the clearest of photos, but from the looks of it, I'm guessing the spear head is in the front.

[ATTACH]60922[/ATTACH]

Good shot there.

It is; I'll get a pic.

Coach Gay obviously did a lot in his time at Adair from 2011-2015, and one of them was they more or less became the Oregon Ducks of KYHSFB. Lol

I think his last year they had 16 uniform combinations.

Good shot there.

It is; I'll get a pic.

Coach Gay obviously did a lot in his time at Adair from 2011-2015, and one of them was they more or less became the Oregon Ducks of KYHSFB. Lol

I think his last year they had 16 uniform combinations.

Looks like I had a picture from the 2015 season. They switched over to white helmets in 2016. Here's the front:

Adair County Helmet2.jpg

...I updated the helmet photo up in the original post as well.

Thanks, but this thread is intended for football programs from schools starting in the letters "a" through "be-" if you didn't catch that from the thread title. "S" occurs a little later in the alphabet, Ff74.

Haha just don't want you to forget about SK!!!

I love Belfry's, it's so unique and totally fits their persona. It will be interesting to see how many tiger paw helmets we see, three so far. Did Bellevue go matte? Bethlehem and Ballard Memorial could do so much better.

Maybe because its the Anheuser-Busch logo. Clearly copyright infringement.

Logos are trademarked, not copyrighted. And Apollo could be using that logo perfectly legally - they just need permission from the owner of the trademark. Sometimes that means paying a fee or royalty, but it's absolutely reasonable to assume that Apollo could have gotten permission to use that logo (and I would assume they have, given the fact that the logo is used on the homepage of their school's website).

There are another 5 or 6 schools using trademarked logos on this list as well, like all of the ones using Clemson's logo, Barren County's use of USC's logo, and the Allen Co-Scottsville's use of the New England Patriot's old logo.