Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Somerset

Featured Replies

With Cothron stepping down, who gets this job? Who wants it?

Program has had struggles the last several years keeping talent they have worked to develop. Program will have a hard time until they can keep talent at home. Hopefully new coach whomever it is will be able to do that.

  • Author

Any talk who is interested? Or who the admin is after?

Somerset is always it seems one of the top middle achooo teams. Last season they won the 7th grade middle school state and this season that same group were runner up in 8th grade to Prestonburg. Looks like a good group coming and their roster is void of seniors.

 

Was Cothrons resignation a forced resignation? If so they probably have their guy lined up.

Somerset is always it seems one of the top middle achooo teams. Last season they won the 7th grade middle school state and this season that same group were runner up in 8th grade to Prestonburg. Looks like a good group coming and their roster is void of seniors.

 

Was Cothrons resignation a forced resignation? If so they probably have their guy lined up.

 

I don't think it was forced, but I'm not close to it either. Somerset has produced some really good players at MS level the last several years, the problem is they haven't kept those players in many cases.

  • Author

Anything new on this Job?

With the young talent they have coming, and only losing 1 SR last year I would think this is an appealing job, but they have struggled for awhile. Rumors are they're pursuing Ryan Young current Garrard County Coach.

I don't feel like Ryan Young would leave Garrard County at this time but I guess stranger things have happened.

I don't feel like Ryan Young would leave Garrard County at this time but I guess stranger things have happened.

What does Garrard's returning roster look like? I know they struggled but became competitive this year after losing a lot the year before in his first year.

What does Garrard's returning roster look like? I know they struggled but became competitive this year after losing a lot the year before in his first year.

 

Honestly, I can't name one player on their team and have no idea who they have next season.

What does Garrard's returning roster look like? I know they struggled but became competitive this year after losing a lot the year before in his first year.

 

They lose Parker Dailey but I am a big fan of Justin Preston. I believe Trevor Jones was a key player this year and Carter Moss and Dalton Sebastian should be expected to contribute heavily next year as well. I know their JV team had a good run in the 12th Region JV tournament but I am not sure who all made up that team. Either way they appear to have some talent coming up that will have a year under Coach Young already. No one wanted to see Garrard County in the district tournament. They were a very competitive team by the end of the season. I expect Garrard County to be a problem next year.

 

Doesn't Somerset have some young talent as well? I can see why this would be appealing job to some.

What does Garrard's returning roster look like? I know they struggled but became competitive this year after losing a lot the year before in his first year.

This past season was Ryan's first year at Garrard!

Doesn't Somerset have some young talent as well? I can see why this would be appealing job to some.

 

According to the KHSAA roster, Somerset only had one senior last year. Their best players were all juniors (along with Kade Grundy, who was an 8th grader) in 2016-17. With the right coach they should be good next season, but I don't know what their younger group looks like.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.