BGP Fantasy Football League ~ 2017 – Off Season Discussion

Godot

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok @Godot it's time for you to publish the season timeline.
Not yet. The NFL hasn't released their schedule, so I can't set dates on our timeline yet.

Actually looked at getting it done last week and realized I was early. I guess I could do something based on an NFL start date of Sept 7th and change everything if I need to.

2017 Tentative Timeline

Now that we are using the MFL Site to draft, we have the luxury of starting later in the year.

June 23rd – Get the ball rolling: who’s in, who’s out (finding out who’s returning)

July 9th – Deadline for returning to league, either by PM or posting here, and also logging into the MFL site

July 10th to July 16th – Taking applications for new members (we have six openings at the current time)

July 17th to Until Completed – Reviewing applicants and deciding on the new members

TBD (immediately following the selection process) – New members rolling for order and picking their teams.

August 6th – 8:00 PM CST ~ Deadline for declaring your keepers

August 13th – 7:00 AM CST ~ Start of the Draft (Using the MFL site)

- After one week of drafting, if the estimated completion date (ECD) extends to 9/10 or later the draft clock will change to 18 hours (without notice) until the ECD falls back to 9/4.

- On August 26th, if the estimated completion date (ECD) extends to 9/7 or later the draft clock will change to 12 hours (without notice) until the ECD falls back to 9/4.

- On September 1st, if the estimated completion date (ECD) extends to 9/7 or later the draft clock will change to 6 hours (without notice) until the ECD falls back to 9/4

- On September 6th, if the estimated completion date (ECD) extends to 9/7 or later the draft clock will change to 2 hours (without notice) until end of the Draft.

Sept 7th – first NFL game (Teams to be announced later)

I've always had a hard time implementing PPR into a keeper league after it's already been begun and established.

Almost have to redraft in my opinion.

My big time money league voted to add PPR to our scoring and we re-drafted entirely last year. A lot of folks liked re-drafting as it made things more equal for those who weren't original members in the league and folks who didn't like their keeper choices were able to start all over. I'm good either way. Just offering up my experience with transforming over to PPR. My money league loved it.

My big time money league voted to add PPR to our scoring and we re-drafted entirely last year. A lot of folks liked re-drafting as it made things more equal for those who weren't original members in the league and folks who didn't like their keeper choices were able to start all over. I'm good either way. Just offering up my experience with transforming over to PPR. My money league loved it.

Yeah, I'm not opposed at all to redraft, I just feel like you'd have to to implement PPR. Not sure Spiceman would have any interest in any of that haha!

IMO, if we want to do PPR, we have to give a seasons notice. Such as, if we want PPR, it needs to be implemented in 2018 but with the knowledge prior to the 2017 draft, thus allowing owners to adjust, draft and trade strategy with plenty of foresight.