March 11, 20179 yr Listen, I hope I'm wrong. This UK team is good, but I think they peaked a long time ago. I get hammered by a couple buddies because I don't look through rose colored glasses at our cats. I hope they pull it together and turn it around and go from a good team to a contender, I just don't think they can. Although I disagree with you on Uk, I couldn't agree more on Duke.
March 11, 20179 yr You think an 11 point win over Georgia is impressive? They completely controlled the game from start to finish?
March 11, 20179 yr Vandy is a dangerous team. We do not want to meet them for the championship! Vandy could pull some upsets in the NCAA tourney!
March 11, 20179 yr Vandy has Florida's number. I agree with above post that they are a dangerous team. Everyone seems like they can make 3s.
March 11, 20179 yr I don't think UK will make a long run. I don't think they are strong enough defensively to do it. I hope I am wrong. The bracket will be big especially with this team.
March 11, 20179 yr I don't think UK will make a long run. I don't think they are strong enough defensively to do it. I hope I am wrong. The bracket will be big especially with this team. I don't think they have enough quality depth. Hawkins is a heck of a defensive player but he's not a scoring threat, Gabriel seems like he has regressed as the season has moved on. Hump is slow, not a scorer, and an average defender and rebounder. Mulder is a shooter but has liabilities in other areas. And I think Cal really thought the 6'10 Jones would develope as the season progressed but unfortunately that hasn't happened.
March 11, 20179 yr You think an 11 point win over Georgia is impressive? Listen, I hope I'm wrong. This UK team is good, but I think they peaked a long time ago. I get hammered by a couple buddies because I don't look through rose colored glasses at our cats. I hope they pull it together and turn it around and go from a good team to a contender, I just don't think they can. They peaked a long time ago? Even at the beginning of the year there defense sucked. They just happened to be scoring a 100 a game to win. The beginning of the year their half court offense sucked, as we seen when trams did slow us down. We know this team can play at a fast pace style. However now this team is also much better than they were in a slow down game. They have gotten better defensively and the half court. So we have to agree to disagree on that. This team is better now and much more prepared for a tourney run than the team that started the year.
March 11, 20179 yr I don't think they have enough quality depth. Hawkins is a heck of a defensive player but he's not a scoring threat, Gabriel seems like he has regressed as the season has moved on. Hump is slow, not a scorer, and an average defender and rebounder. Mulder is a shooter but has liabilities in other areas. And I think Cal really thought the 6'10 Jones would develope as the season progressed but unfortunately that hasn't happened. People overrate depth way to much. It's still only 2 games a week. The 2012 team won the title by basically only playing 7 guys, and usually just 6. 2015 we were the deepest team in the country and lost to a team not that deep in Wisconsin.
March 11, 20179 yr They peaked a long time ago? Even at the beginning of the year there defense sucked. They just happened to be scoring a 100 a game to win. The beginning of the year their half court offense sucked, as we seen when trams did slow us down. We know this team can play at a fast pace style. However now this team is also much better than they were in a slow down game. They have gotten better defensively and the half court. So we have to agree to disagree on that. This team is better now and much more prepared for a tourney run than the team that started the year. Yes, we will have agree to disagree.
March 11, 20179 yr Author Vandy is a dangerous team. We do not want to meet them for the championship! Hogs taking care of that worry and starting another worry
March 11, 20179 yr Yes, we will have agree to disagree. I stated my case while I disagree. What is yours that they peaked earlier this year? Earlier in the year when they beat the likes UNC the defense sucked. Our rebounding was not good, and the only offense we had was when we scored in 4 seconds on fast breaks. I'm fine with you disagreeing I'm just curious about what part of their game earlier this year made you say they peaked and was at their best earlier this year? There is a difference between being more fun to watch and being at their best. Scoring so fast and 100 a game was very fun, no arguing that. In all other areas though they were not as good as now.
March 11, 20179 yr I stated my case while I disagree. What is yours that they peaked earlier this year? Earlier in the year when they beat the likes UNC the defense sucked. Our rebounding was not good, and the only offense we had was when we scored in 4 seconds on fast breaks. I'm fine with you disagreeing I'm just curious about what part of their game earlier this year made you say they peaked and was at their best earlier this year? There is a difference between being more fun to watch and being at their best. Scoring so fast and 100 a game was very fun, no arguing that. In all other areas though they were not as good as now. Offense, period
March 11, 20179 yr Offense, period There was no offense to start the year. The offense was grab the ball and beat the other team down the court in 4 seconds. That literally was their offense. Then they beat UNC because of Monk having one of the best offensive games in UK history. Teams eventually adjusted starting with UL and then teams in conference. Teams were not going to let us run and slowed it down. Hence the troubles we had in January. This team is still very capable of running. However I think Cal realized they were in trouble when teams made it a half court game, and he has made it a focus. Which I don't don't how you can say the half court offense is not much better than earlier this year. Now come tournament time they would be capable of playing an up and down the court game, and also a half court game. The team we had in Decemeber would not have been able to play a half court game when teams slowed it down. January was proof of that because they tried to play that same December style and it didn't work.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.