And this is what's wrong with the Bengals

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I didn't. I compared salaries and production of several players and asked people to justify what they feel is so bad about this LaFell contract.

To be fair you making that comparison, does make it sound like your arguing that Lafell is as good or better and would give the same production as Marshall.

However have to realize even last year Marshall was still the number 1 WR on his team, that teams wanted to take away. All Lafell gets is single coverage because of Green on the other side, and then when Eifert was healthy. So much easier for Lafell to get production. So just imagine what Marshall would maybe have done here if he was the #2 WR. Plus the offense as a whole would be more dynamic with him, than what Lafell brings.

Its about what a WR brings to the team, and besides experience. What Lafell brings to this offense, doesn't really make it better.

You guys are funny. Decker was gone for the season, Marshall was the only target worth two squirts of urine on the roster and he was draped every possession with junk QBs. To compare him to Lafell is silly. Downright silly.

You guys are funny. Decker was gone for the season, Marshall was the only target worth two squirts of urine on the roster and he was draped every possession with junk QBs. To compare him to Lafell is silly. Downright silly.

Which means the Giants got an even better bargain with Marshall at 2 yrs $12M than with the Bengals got with Lafell. But again let me make it clear I am not making any arguments that Lafell is a better receiver than Marshall.

If we want to have strictly a performance-based comparison, let's move away from the economic side of it and look strictly at which receiver you would rather have on the field - Lafell or Sanu?

Which means the Giants got an even better bargain with Marshall at 2 yrs $12M than with the Bengals got with Lafell. But again let me make it clear I am not making any arguments that Lafell is a better receiver than Marshall.

If we want to have strictly a performance-based comparison, let's move away from the economic side of it and look strictly at which receiver you would rather have on the field - Lafell or Sanu?

Out of Lafell and Sanu, I take Lafell and his contract. Out of Lafell and Jones I take Jones and his contract because he brings another dynamic to the offense that makes the offense better unlike Lafell.

No I didn't. I compared salaries and production of several players and asked people to justify what they feel is so bad about this LaFell contract.

You said looking at the stats, Lafell is better than Marshall.

Laffells stats were better last year. But that does not tell the entire story. Marshall is much better than Laffell and the Giants got a steal with the contract he signed.

Did the Bengals get a bargain in LaFell? Just asking people to justify their complaints.

Looking at the stats, LaFell is right there with Marvin Jones and better than Marshall.

VOR this is where the misunderstanding was. When you said looking at the stats...Lafell is better than Marshall. Sorry if I misunderstood that.

Anyway Lafell is a good #3 reciever, Marshall is a Great #2 receiver on a team with a stud #1 or a very good #1 wr on most teams.