The Coaching Carousel - 2017 Edition

Wireman

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...how does a guy with, at worst, the 3rd best facilities and program support in the conference, have an average finish of 7th over his tenure?" -- Sean Miller

Seems like he's been out of coaching for a lot longer than a year. I guess Georgia Tech does that to a guy. :lol2:

Seriously, he can't be the best USF can do, can he?

From a USF Fan Board...

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

Boom. Any time you can get a 50 year old head coach with a 76-86 record who never finished higher than 11th in the conference at his previous job and who's been unemployed for a year, you've gotta pull the trigger.

Looks like GaTech is going to pay him $500k next year, too. This might be our new hiring strategy for all new coaches.

The final comment refers to Charlie Strong's contract, which pays him only $500K a year the first two years, half of which goes to Texas as part of Strong's buyout agreement. Not the same, but they're getting Charlie on the cheap the first 2 years. If he leaves for Florida, year 3, they've rented him at a good price.

The fan base it not happy. I really want to hear Mark Harlan explain this. I know many season ticket holders that are not renewing, regardless of who was hired. Harlan has burnt some bridges with quite a few people who purchase the expensive seats and suites. This action is not going to help and the fallout could get worse.

For the first time, I'm considering not renewing. I pray that I am wrong, but this appears to be a horrible hire.

From a USF Fan Board...

The final comment refers to Charlie Strong's contract, which pays him only $500K a year the first two years, half of which goes to Texas as part of Strong's buyout agreement. Not the same, but they're getting Charlie on the cheap the first 2 years. If he leaves for Florida, year 3, they've rented him at a good price.

The fan base it not happy. I really want to hear Mark Harlan explain this. I know many season ticket holders that are not renewing, regardless of who was hired. Harlan has burnt some bridges with quite a few people who purchase the expensive seats and suites. This action is not going to help and the fallout could get worse.

For the first time, I'm considering not renewing. I pray that I am wrong, but this appears to be a horrible hire.

I'm just surprised that's who they'd settle on.

Guys like Masiello (I know it didn't work the first time), King Rice, Pat Kelsey, Kevin Keatts, LeVelle Moton, etc....Did they even kick the tires or gauge the interest of any of them?