Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Coaching Carousel - 2017 Edition

Featured Replies

  • Author

North Texas is filled.

 

Arkansas State is now open

  • Replies 153
  • Views 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a report that Keith Dambrot has turned down an offer from South Florida and will stay with Akron.

South Florida has hired Brian Gregory.
"...how does a guy with, at worst, the 3rd best facilities and program support in the conference, have an average finish of 7th over his tenure?" -- Sean Miller
"...how does a guy with, at worst, the 3rd best facilities and program support in the conference, have an average finish of 7th over his tenure?" -- Sean Miller

 

Seems like he's been out of coaching for a lot longer than a year. I guess Georgia Tech does that to a guy. :lol2:

 

Seriously, he can't be the best USF can do, can he?

From a USF Fan Board...

 

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

 

Boom. Any time you can get a 50 year old head coach with a 76-86 record who never finished higher than 11th in the conference at his previous job and who's been unemployed for a year, you've gotta pull the trigger.

 

Looks like GaTech is going to pay him $500k next year, too. This might be our new hiring strategy for all new coaches.

 

The final comment refers to Charlie Strong's contract, which pays him only $500K a year the first two years, half of which goes to Texas as part of Strong's buyout agreement. Not the same, but they're getting Charlie on the cheap the first 2 years. If he leaves for Florida, year 3, they've rented him at a good price.

 

The fan base it not happy. I really want to hear Mark Harlan explain this. I know many season ticket holders that are not renewing, regardless of who was hired. Harlan has burnt some bridges with quite a few people who purchase the expensive seats and suites. This action is not going to help and the fallout could get worse.

 

For the first time, I'm considering not renewing. I pray that I am wrong, but this appears to be a horrible hire.

South Florida needed a splash. Instead we get this huge sucking sound.

From a USF Fan Board...

 

 

 

The final comment refers to Charlie Strong's contract, which pays him only $500K a year the first two years, half of which goes to Texas as part of Strong's buyout agreement. Not the same, but they're getting Charlie on the cheap the first 2 years. If he leaves for Florida, year 3, they've rented him at a good price.

 

The fan base it not happy. I really want to hear Mark Harlan explain this. I know many season ticket holders that are not renewing, regardless of who was hired. Harlan has burnt some bridges with quite a few people who purchase the expensive seats and suites. This action is not going to help and the fallout could get worse.

 

For the first time, I'm considering not renewing. I pray that I am wrong, but this appears to be a horrible hire.

 

I'm just surprised that's who they'd settle on.

 

Guys like Masiello (I know it didn't work the first time), King Rice, Pat Kelsey, Kevin Keatts, LeVelle Moton, etc....Did they even kick the tires or gauge the interest of any of them?

  • Author

That's a terrible hire. South Florida's program is officially a joke at this point.

Clemson will be open by Monday. Pat Kelsey will be a candidate. Not the only candidate, but a candidate.

 

Figured they would probably come open.

 

I'd imagine Kevin Keatts and LeVelle Moton would also get looks?

  • Author

Morehead State will announce a hire soon. Should be interesting.

  • Author
Missouri has offered their HC job to Cuonzo Martin...

 

For some reason...

For some reason...

 

I don't think he's a bad coach. I think they can potentially do better though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.