The Coaching Carousel - 2017 Edition

Wireman

Figured it was a matter of time....Georgetown is open.

JTIII has been shown the door.

So one of two things has happened, depending on whom you want to believe, in reference to this line, ".."Our tradition of excellence as a university will forever be inextricably linked with John and his family," DeGioia said...." Either they are going to use Coach Thompson (the real one) deeply with the coaching search as a way to placate him for axing his kid, OR, they are distancing themselves a great deal from the Thompson family and that line by DeGioia was a going-away pat on the backside. I've received texts that say both are true...but one obviously isn't.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So one of two things has happened, depending on whom you want to believe, in reference to this line, ".."Our tradition of excellence as a university will forever be inextricably linked with John and his family," DeGioia said...." Either they are going to use Coach Thompson (the real one) deeply with the coaching search as a way to placate him for axing his kid, OR, they are distancing themselves a great deal from the Thompson family and that line by DeGioia was a going-away pat on the backside. I've received texts that say both are true...but one obviously isn't.

If it's the latter, you'd have to think Ewing would not be a realistic candidate, wouldn't you?

If it's the latter, you'd have to think Ewing would not be a realistic candidate, wouldn't you?
I certainly think if Big John is involved, Patrick will have a great chance. I think you're reading the tea leaves correctly.

I'll also be interested to see if they pay the new guy as much as JT3 was making -- dude was lapping the Big East in coaching salary.

@GoodmanESPN now9 seconds ago

More

UMass has hired Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey, sources told ESPN. Heck of a move by athletic director Ryan Bamford

Pat Kelsey backed out of the UMass job today. Sounds like he is staying at Winthrop.