Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Coaching Carousel - 2017 Edition

Featured Replies

Yes. I think Sean is having some mixed emotions on potentially following his "uncle" at UK. Sean would have been at Maryland when they hired Turgeon, if Kevin Anderson wasn't a complete dope. Yes, he'd leave for tOSU.

 

That's interesting. Maybe I see it wrong, but I've always viewed Arizona as one of the better jobs in the country. I've never seen Ohio State as one. I guess in the end it's all about fit though.

  • Replies 153
  • Views 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's interesting. Maybe I see it wrong, but I've always viewed Arizona as one of the better jobs in the country. I've never seen Ohio State as one. I guess in the end it's all about fit though.

 

This mythical rankings of programs is a fan thing, not a coach thing. Of course Arizona is a more traditional basketball power. However, Ohio State can pay whatever and it is a short drive to his parents and family in Pittsburgh. He would have everything he'd ever want at Ohio State, and he has softened his stance on never going to a Football school. Plus, he and Urban have a friendship, it would work out fine.

This mythical rankings of programs is a fan thing, not a coach thing. Of course Arizona is a more traditional basketball power. However, Ohio State can pay whatever and it is a short drive to his parents and family in Pittsburgh. He would have everything he'd ever want at Ohio State, and he has softened his stance on never going to a Football school. Plus, he and Urban have a friendship, it would work out fine.

 

I get what your saying about job rankings, but it's not entirely mythical. If it were, you'd have no such thing as stepping stone jobs.

 

Sounds like he'd rather be closer to his roots than where he's currently. Can't blame anyone for that.

Cleveland State expected to part ways with Gary Waters, sources told ESPN. News conference tomorrow. The grad transfer rule ultimately wound up costing Waters his job.

Jeff Goodman, ESPN Insider

  • Author

@TimShoemaker

 

Yahoo! Sports reports Thad Matta will return as Ohio State’s head coach for 2017-18 season.

I get what your saying about job rankings, but it's not entirely mythical. If it were, you'd have no such thing as stepping stone jobs.

 

Sounds like he'd rather be closer to his roots than where he's currently. Can't blame anyone for that.

Those moves are typically money-motivated, or some other thing important to the coach.

  • Author

@EvanDaniels 32m32 minutes ago

More

Johnny Jones will be fired by LSU after the SEC tournament, sources confirmed.

  • Author

Cleveland State is now official. Head coach retired

Would Sean really leave Arizona for OSU?

 

Especially considering if he waits it out for 3 more seasons, the "mecca" of jobs is most likely to come calling.

 

Cal ain't leaving within the next three years.

That's interesting. Maybe I see it wrong, but I've always viewed Arizona as one of the better jobs in the country. I've never seen Ohio State as one. I guess in the end it's all about fit though.

 

To me the OSU job would be a dream for a lot of high level coaches and I'm not an OSU fan at all. But they have one of the largest fan bases in the country and are one of the few football schools that will actually support basketball. They play in a power 5 conference that isn't hard to win if your playing at a high level. Tons of money to work with, in terms of salary and expense budget for recruiting, etc. To top it all off, your given a longer leash than the true blueblood programs and fans would give you in terms of what is expected year in and year out, see Thad Matta. Arizona doesn't have the resources that OSU has to work with and the expectations are higher since basketball is pretty much all they have.

@EvanDaniels 32m32 minutes ago

More

Johnny Jones will be fired by LSU after the SEC tournament, sources confirmed.

 

About damn time...

@EvanDaniels 32m32 minutes ago

More

Johnny Jones will be fired by LSU after the SEC tournament, sources confirmed.

 

This "Could" be a really good job...LSU athletic budget is top 10 in the country. A good coach and commitment from AD this program could grow quickly.

OSU going to try to swipe Chris Mack away from XU? Seems to be their coaching search process.

 

Because the last XU has worked out well.

Because the last XU has worked out well.

 

At Ohio State? Absolutely.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.