"Radical Islamic Terrorism"

Clyde

The notion that if we just say "radical Islamic terrorism" the problem will go away is one of those feel good things people love to share on Facebook but ultimately makes for useless and self-defeating foreign policy.

The notion that if we just say "radical Islamic terrorism" the problem will go away is one of those feel good things people love to share on Facebook but ultimately makes for useless and self-defeating foreign policy.

I don't think anyone has ever said just by saying it that the problem would go away. But any sensible person knows when dealing with a problem you must first be honest on recognizing what the problem is and defined to be .

You can't expect to solve a problem if you can't honestly diagnosis the problem.

If you support the theory that calling out a group by its name is wrong, then how do you refer to a radical Islamic terrorist or a Nazi or a member of the Klan or any other hateful group? Those that are referring to the radical Islamists are making it known that they realize not all members of the faith are terrorists.

No doubt they are radical and terrorists, but are they really Islamic? Some of you that know more about Islam than I do can answer that. Are these radical terrorists truly following the Islamic religion. All I have ever hear from those who practice the religion is that true Islam is a religion of peace.

Peace with its own followers, for those who are not followers it's quite different.