Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Cal Bench Briscoe for Mulder?

Featured Replies

Off topic:

 

I was able to watch a little of the game and postgame and Tony Delk does a fantastic job. Super impressed by him on the SEC Network. I see you, Tony!!!!

Off topic:

 

I was able to watch a little of the game and postgame and Tony Delk does a fantastic job. Super impressed by him on the SEC Network. I see you, Tony!!!!

 

He's definitely good.

I think I still start Briscoe, but I do think I start giving more and more of his minutes to Mulder.

 

And I say that as one of the Briscoe apologist of BGP.

  • Author

Offensive rating per 100 possessions

 

Briscoe - 108.4

Mulder - 128.3

 

Defensive rating per 100 possessions

 

Brisocoe - 98.8

Mulder - 99.0

I think I still start Briscoe, but I do think I start giving more and more of his minutes to Mulder.

 

And I say that as one of the Briscoe apologist of BGP.

 

This is where I'm at.

 

I think Briscoe is a very good player.

 

I think he's a guy that will have a nice little career in the league because he rebounds, plays insanely hard, and defends.

 

I'm starting to transition to the idea that he's just a bad fit with the rest of their roster this season though.

With the game still close I was happy to see him foul out last night. As someone said on the radio last night, he thinks he is a 6'2" power forward and keeps trying to post up or shoot in traffic. Sometimes it works but more and more it is a bad shot or turnover. Dude has immense confidence in his capabilities, but his confidence doesn't match reality.

This is where I'm at.

 

I think Briscoe is a very good player.

 

I think he's a guy that will have a nice little career in the league because he rebounds, plays insanely hard, and defends.

 

I'm starting to transition to the idea that he's just a bad fit with the rest of their roster this season though.

 

I like him in the middle of the zone and attacking, but he has just become too turnover prone.

 

It stinks because he's our best defender and our best rebounding guard. So are we cutting off our nose to spite our face? Either way, there are definitely times we are better off with more shooters on the course because of Fox's ability.

I'm starting to transition to the idea that he's just a bad fit with the rest of their roster this season though.

 

I think the same thing. He'd have fit well on some of the Tubby Smith teams because of his tenacity and the style Tubby played. This team needs to play a more up-tempo style (not necessarily always running) and too often Briscoe is a bit of a ball-stopper.

 

I think he's a guy that will have a nice little career in the league because he rebounds, plays insanely hard, and defends.

 

With the way the NBA is constituted right now I would be very surprised if this happens. I hope I'm wrong.

I still don't like Briscoe. :sorry:
Me either. KSR has a nice article on the good and bad of Briscoe and I agree with everything in that article and have pointed out many of the bad already. He is a bad shooter point blank and he is a liability on offense with his TO's and bad shooting.

If Briscoe would just try and do the little things that he is good at and not try to be a featured offensive player, he could be a difference maker. He tends to play well offensively against teams that are not very good defensively and not so well against teams such as Louisville, Georgia, Florida, etc. that play fundamental defense or have shot blockers.

Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Yes, this team needs to spread the court to give Malik and DeAaron room to work.

Cal won't do it. He likes Briscoe's energy and defense.

 

I bet he has a big game that helps lead the Cats to a victory on Sat.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.