Region tourney officials swap

15th is officiating the 14th and 14th is officiating the 15th. Funny thing is these two regions play in the first round of the state tournament.

I would rather have three beagles calling than the 15th. The boys refs are not what I would call trustworthy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the longest time the 10th and 11th, which is the Bluegrass Officials' Association or some such name I can't remember, would not swap with other regions.

It's not driven by the associations, it's driven by the KHSAA. I'm thinking you got some bad intel there

For the longest time the 10th and 11th, which is the Bluegrass Officials' Association or some such name I can't remember, would not swap with other regions.

It's not driven by the associations, it's driven by the KHSAA. I'm thinking you got some bad intel there

Actually, it was up to the associations until the 2010-11 season. That was the first time (I believe) the KHSAA required officials to go out of region. This was my last season officiating and the only reason I know this.

The members of the 10th and 11th regions always chose to keep their guys for obvious reasons.

Why play with one style of officiating all year long and then get a completely different style of officiating for the biggest games of the year?

Puzzling

Just as puzzling is playing on 84 feet all year long and then go to 94 feet in region?

Why play with one style of officiating all year long and then get a completely different style of officiating for the biggest games of the year?

Puzzling

Just as puzzling is playing on 84 feet all year long and then go to 94 feet in region?

The Sweet 16 will have different officials than you are accustomed to seeing, it is also played on the larger floor. I think getting a few games under your belt at Regionals is a good thing.