Region tourney officials swap

I think the 13 region officials have done a decent job in 8th region so far. Probably better than some 8th region officials we routinely see. Sure they have missed some calls here and there, but been pretty fair and consistent from what I have seen.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sweet 16 will have different officials than you are accustomed to seeing, it is also played on the larger floor. I think getting a few games under your belt at Regionals is a good thing.

I think if I'm not mistaken for the last several years for the state tournament at Rupp they only put down 84' of floor instead of the 94' that goes down for UK games.

Floor at Rupp is 94 feet at Sweet 16. Same as the Cats play on

I was told several years ago by a person at the KHSAA that since the floor is put in sections that they started only putting in 84' taking out 5' on both ends between the top of the key and mid court on both sides. Maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. I was just repeating what I had been told.

I was told several years ago by a person at the KHSAA that since the floor is put in sections that they started only putting in 84' taking out 5' on both ends between the top of the key and mid court on both sides. Maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. I was just repeating what I had been told.

Used to do that before the new floor went down at Rupp. If they were to remove 10 ft now the UK logo would be messed up

Why play with one style of officiating all year long and then get a completely different style of officiating for the biggest games of the year?

Puzzling

Just as puzzling is playing on 84 feet all year long and then go to 94 feet in region?

I understand where you're coming from, but I see the benefit of bringing in officials from another region. Officials are human and have biases, even if they try not to. Gives teams (coaches and players) a clean slate in that regard.

Is there a list anywhere of which officials are working which games?

Nope. Never will be.

Nor should there be

Most definitely agree on this one. Especially after that ref from the 14th Region got caught up in that bookmaking scandal a few years back. Weren't there others caught up in this?